Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receiver locations

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver locations

Quick question.....can you location a receiver in the tail area about 3 feet from the motor if you use longer cables? Was told it would be better, it's away from your other electronics and interference Thanks beng

Maybe if you are using old school tech( 27 or 72mHz) it would be an idea but not a very viable practice due to all the servo extension leads required and not to mention the added weight to the tail.:Scared:
    Todays microwave (2.4gHz) radios are the rock solid standard.:Cool:
    Shorter leads all the way around is the obvious choice in any electrical system.;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

"Better"? People have mounted RXs close to motors, batteries, ESCs and they have been just fine. Better than fine, good or "never a problem" is hard to quantify. Ask whoever told you the reason for it being "better". Did he have a problem with a particular plane? Is he superstitious? Did he listen to "old wives"? Long cables have been used for a long time, too. It's the connectors in extension cables that might give issues. If it makes you feel better about your flying experience, then do it. Quite frankly, if you don't have a problem, why look for one?

Comment

Only time the placement of the receiver becomes an issue is when you have electronic ignition for a gas engine. You need to keep as much space between them as possible to reduce signal interference.

Comment

Originally posted by modaj24451
          Receiver installation and top brands information is here. All those who are waiting for the receiver installation they can make more best dissertation writers and that is ever important to through it to the brands who are at top.
          Give up while you're still behind.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Give up while you're still behind.
            I'm (moderator) are all over em. Suspect same person now with a second user name.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'm sure there'll be a third and a forth. Some forums can see the IP address and ban anything originating from that IP.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                I'm sure there'll be a third and a forth. Some forums can see the IP address and ban anything originating from that IP.
                This forum can see the IP's but the Banhammer resides with Aros and Alpha presently.
                Us mods are the cops and Aros, Alpha and Marco are the judges.
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

I've always wanted to be an executioner.

Comment

Working...
                  X