X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmitters

I am kind of new to the hobby and I own about 5 planes. I have 5 transmitters!!! I was thinking of purchasing a transmitter so I would just have the one. Problem is I am new and don't know what brand name to get. I can't see needing anything over 6 channel and was looking at Specktrum DX6. I don't want anything too confusing as again I am new! If anyone can help please do!

Re: Transmitters

That Specktrum DX6 is a good choice if you need one good radio. It is what I have in addition to a Specktrum Dx5 and a basic 6 channel Tactic radio. There are several good youtube videos on setting up the DX6. Tactic has a new 6 channel radio and that is the Tactic TTX650. I dont have it but it looks good with a lot of setups, if desired, and the price makes it a good choice for a bargain shopper. MotionRC sells that Tactic TTX650 for about 150 US dollars. If I didn't already have a DX6 I would have bought the 650. Note that radios and their recievers must be compatible. A Futaba radio and Specktrum receiver will not work. There is now a solution called Tactic AnyLink SLT 2.4GHz Universal Radio Adapter that sells for about 20 dollars and MotionRC carries that product. View their product info on the AnyLink.

Comment

Thanks Baron, I talked to Mark tonight also and he stated about the same and I believe the 650 is for me! I appreciate the feedback!

Comment

The one thing you may want to take into consideration with what transmitter you get is the amount of plane profiles that are available on it. I had a spektrum dx6i and it worked great until I bought 11 planes. I am not familiar with tactics transmitters, but if you know you will be buying alot of planes down the road you may want to get a transmitter with some more profiles. I now have a DX8 with 30 profiles and sadly I think I might be running out of profiles pretty soon. Dont underestimate the addiction of this hobby!

Coot

Comment

It does have a memory card slot so you can store more planes on different card. Even though the transmitter holds 30 the memory card can hold more

Comment

Thanks for the feedbacks everyone!!! You have been a big help and true this hobby is like crack!! The more I get the more I want! So thanks again!

Comment

you might want to check out the new NX6 from Spectrum, One nice thing about Spektrum, They have many Tutorials on how to program the NX6 For any thing you may have problems with The NX6 is one of the Top selling channel trans on the market to date. I just sold all my old JR trans and receivers That I haven't used for a couple years, and I also sold both my Spectrum DX8's and finally got an IX 20 I had on back order for over 6 months. Spent the last week Importing over 30 planes, 3 Choppers and 5 gliders into and binding all into my New IX20. This IX20 it the best radio I have used I flew my 2.1 Cessna 150 with it tonight I fly a lot, the first thing I noticed was the link from trans to the plane is faster. another thing I have been playing with is the OTF function this transmitter has after setting this up I can adjust dual rates, Expo, aileron ,elevator mixing and many others like knife edge mixing I can adjust OTF ( on the fly) values using this function. The manual is loaded in the Spektrum Air ware in the transmitter. another feature I like, do to have all these planes and such in one radio it's hard to remember what switches you are using for all the functions you have, so if you can't remember. All you have to do once set up is touch the switches sliders and knobs and you will get a voice command of what the switches are controlling. The other function like is the sequencer functions you can program in for the gear doors and gear I am in the process right now of setting up the sequencer function for my AL 37. I haven't even touched the surface of what this Transmitter is capable of doing. IMHO I would get the NX6 you will not regret it. All boils down to what you have to spend, types of planes, and longevity of the transmitter The NX6 is the most up to date 6 channel trans you might find I know their are other that will disagree with me but That's their prerogative Happy New Year. I was once new to all this stuff 40 some years ago LOL!!! it just keeps getting better good luke and Happy flying Sir

Comment

Wildman. this post is old 2013, old posts are starting to popup on the site as todat's post and they are old not been posted in, I fell in the trap on an old one and now look at the date last posted.
                AMA 424553

Comment

I have a jumper t18 with open tx. I need to setup A3 pro.needs a 3 position switch so i assigned one on chsnnel 5 for modes. Do i need to do more in transmitter besides adding the switvh? Like do anything for each position? Or does that done in A3 pro setup??

Comment

Sorry for typos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mapleman231 View Post
                      I have a jumper t18 with open tx. I need to setup A3 pro.needs a 3 position switch so i assigned one on chsnnel 5 for modes. Do i need to do more in transmitter besides adding the switvh? Like do anything for each position? Or does that done in A3 pro setup??
                      That should be good enough for switching between the gyro flight modes. They have different coloured LEDs depending on the mode, so you can check to see if it's working ok. I think the default settings are red (gyro off), blue (gyro on) and flashing purple (self level mode).

If you assign one of the rotary knobs on the radio to channel 6 you will also have the ability to adjust the gyro master gain from the transmitter.

Comment

So no need to map the switch? Just assign one 3 pos switch and the A3 does the rest? And assign the knob to channel 6 and the a3 does the rest? Sorry they dont come much greener than I so terminology and techy stuff i have to go slowly tjru. My memory hasnt been much help at 60 yrs old i guess all the dumb things ive done are catching up haha

Comment

Started with quads which i still cant fly but im setup with all the requirements including fat sharks that i have yet to try. Doesnt help getting spoiled with Dji quads. Air 2 is the greatest invention since the wheel lol

Comment

Wild Man,
                            I just purchased my NX6 yesterday and am in the process of setting it up. I'm very new to RC flying and have the DXE entry level transmitter and really don't know anything about setting up my NX6. Two things you might be able to help me with:
                            1: About how long do you think it should take to download an update via WiFi? I think I'm locked because the screen is showing "Thumb Twiddling...." and the "Loading" bar is not moving. Have been letting it set to load for over an hour.
                            2. What's the secret to un-plugging the battery? I can't figure out if it just pulls straight up or there's a clip that needs to be depressed. It looks pretty straight forward but unlike my RC truck batteries this doesn't seem to just pull out.
                            Also noticed the comments about re-charging issues. I hope I won't have that issue but will find out soon I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ_Gene View Post
                              Wild Man,
                              I just purchased my NX6 yesterday and am in the process of setting it up. I'm very new to RC flying and have the DXE entry level transmitter and really don't know anything about setting up my NX6. Two things you might be able to help me with:
                              1: About how long do you think it should take to download an update via WiFi? I think I'm locked because the screen is showing "Thumb Twiddling...." and the "Loading" bar is not moving. Have been letting it set to load for over an hour.
                              2. What's the secret to un-plugging the battery? I can't figure out if it just pulls straight up or there's a clip that needs to be depressed. It looks pretty straight forward but unlike my RC truck batteries this doesn't seem to just pull out.
                              Also noticed the comments about re-charging issues. I hope I won't have that issue but will find out soon I'm sure.
                              I am not familiar with the New NX6 How can almost all the info you need, just google HOW TO UPDATE MY NX6. Spektrum also has many tutorials on you tube on How to do such things, Here is a great totorial on how to get started with your NXX6, if you have not yet went to Spektrum.com and made your own account, that is the first thing you need to do

In this video, I go over the new features of the Spektrum NX6 Flight Transmitter, share what the updated features are compared with the DX6, show you how to ...

Comment

Wild Man,
                                Thank you for your help. I was able to download the latest update after I noticed I had not completed the date and time input into the NX6, at least that's what I think needed to happen. Anyway, it is up to date. I also plugged the unit in to re-charge and it worked fine. Now my only question is, how to remove the battery without pulling a wire loose. Thanks for the advice about the Spektrum tutorials, I will be going there today to see what I can learn.
                                Regards.....

Comment

Working...
                                X