X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum DX8 mode change problems

I just bought a new Spektrum DX8 Gen 2. I am just returning to RC after a 40 year hiatus. Flew mode 1 back in the day. went through the procedure described in the manual which I thought went well. Now the sticks mechanically do what they are supposed to. The programming part doesn't seem to. The screen says Flight mode 1 and when I power up the unit I get a throttle to high warning and can only clear it by moving the left stick which is the mode 2 throttle. Any Ideas? I was going to plug the servos into the rec but found out that my battery and rec have different plugs. Hope there is some kind of adapter.
    Old guys and technology don't get along too well.
    Thanks in advance
    Bob

"Mode 1" (right stick throttle) and "Mode 2" (left stick throttle) should not be confused with "Flight mode". I don't believe they are the same thing. I may stand corrected but you should go through the manual again and focus on changing to Mode 1 rather than doing what it says about Flight modes. Flight modes have to do with being able to select different parameters when flying. For example, when flying helicopters, a flight mode may refer to "idle up" where the motor runs at or near max rpm and you fly by pitch. Another example may be each flight mode may correspond to different levels of gains on a gyro. Flight modes are user customizable for different settings. You're looking to change the actual functions of the sticks.
    I'm not well versed in other than Mode 2 transmitters, so perhaps someone with that experience may come along and be more helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. You are absolutely right about flight mode being different. I missed the stick mode change in the setup. Got it now. All is good.

Comment

Good going. I was worried I was losing my mind. It's been a while since I read my DX8 G2 manual.
        PS. It's a great transmitter but a "heads up" ............................. some of the toggle switches, especially the longer ones on top can come loose with use. If you get a chance to pick up a toggle switch nut wrench, do it.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
          Good going. I was worried I was losing my mind. It's been a while since I read my DX8 G2 manual.
          PS. It's a great transmitter but a "heads up" ............................. some of the toggle switches, especially the longer ones on top can come loose with use. If you get a chance to pick up a toggle switch nut wrench, do it.
          Good advise. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X