Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactic 650 Compatability

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactic 650 Compatability

The Tactic 650 is a good value but I'm new to this hobby and have a question about it's compatibility with different BNF planes. Would it be able to be used with any BNF and if not, how can I tell which ones will work and which ones will not?

I currently have a Parkzone Ultra-Micro P-51,would I be able to use the Tactic 650 with it?

Would there be another radio that is more comparable with the majority of BNF planes? It may be at a good price but if you have to always have one of their receivers, then the price difference starts going away.

Thanks

Re: Tactic 650 Compatability

Greetings,

Check out the Anylink system which allows the TTX 650 to talk to any other non-tactic receiver.
    There's a great tutorial from RCInformer. Also many Youtube offerings.

Ckear Skies

Bill L.
    in Okla.

Comment

Appreciate your quick response and this will sound like a dumb question.

All the videos had the Anylink being used with other transmitter brands, you select the transmitter brand so it was comparable with a Tactic receiver. I didn't see any the other way, that a Tactic radio being able to work with another received. I don't think the Anylink has a Mode to select a Tactic radio. So... does it go the other way too? And will all your functions/switches work through Anylink? I only see it demo'ed using 4 channels.

And now for my next dumb question, if it's that simple for any radio brand to work with any transmitter, why aren't manufacturers just making it an optional switch on their radios? Have it already built in instead of attaching it to the back of the radio.

Comment

Greetings Bellke,

Yeah I believe you're right.
        The Anylink basically allows any transmitter to communicate with the Tactic receivers.
        I don't believe it works the other way around.

It would certainly be wonderful if they would standardize on the technologies and just allow for the transmitters to be switchable to match things up. I would imagine as more and more transmitters become computerized and software programmable it won't be long until it will be a one size fits all transmitter and receiver RC world.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
        in Okla.

Comment

Working...
        X