X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra300s weekender from hitec

This airplane says you can use a 3 or 4s battery in it. The reviews say a 3s battery is way underpowered. I put in a 4000mah 4s 40c battery.
    It flew for a while with no problems. Then in flight after flying for about 3 minutes there comes a loud kind of grinding sound like the prop is slipping badly.
    Tighten down the prop nut and set screws so the prop shaft will not move without the prop moving.
    Taxing out at about 1/2 power there is a loud grinding noise and the prop does not reach half power and it slows and speeds up by itself.
    Looks like the esc or electric motor is burned out? Is there any adjustment on the esc? Did I cook the esc
    with the big battery?
    My thanks to anyone who can help.
    If the osc is burnt what type do I need?

Re: extra300s weekender from hitec

I had something similar happen with my Freewing Spacewalker. While in flight, the motor started getting pretty loud. I flew the rest of the pattern, and was bringing it in to check when the motor just quit. Turns out the motor was bad and threw a magnet causing it to sieze up, and in the process fried my ESC. I was able to land it, and replaced both the ESC and motor and have not had any further problems. I probably have 30+ flights on that Spacewalker now and love it.

Comment

Working...
    X