Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with another one and using the combo A setup i get a Solid green on the top and solid red light on the side. The Bind switch does not do anything when setup per the instructions. I noticed my gear switch was reversed for this airplane model so i reversed the switch. As soon as i Reversed my gear switch the bind button now works but the red and green lights remain solid during gyro mode. Is this normal? Solid green on top, solid red on the side.

The instructions state that in combo A I should only have a solid green.

Comment

My gyro correction is reversed on rud/ ele. How do I change this? Thanks, Doc

Comment

I was hoping the full manuals and videos would have been up by now.

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
          My gyro correction is reversed on rud/ ele. How do I change this? Thanks, Doc
          I cannot speak directly for the Admiral RXs but on the Lemon, it's one of the dipswitches that reverses the gain direction. I would try 1, 2 or 3 to find rudder. Try one at a time and test for direction. If it's not the one, put it back.

Comment

To reverse correction direction use the dip switches. That is assuming everything else is setup properly.

Comment

Got it done, but there is very little movement in rud/ele. Gain set at about 10:00. Turned the gain way up, but still can barely see movement. I can hear the servos working. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                Got it done, but there is very little movement in rud/ele. Gain set at about 10:00. Turned the gain way up, but still can barely see movement. I can hear the servos working. Doc
                I have found that the rudder movement on the gyro stabilized channel is the least reactive of the 3 control surfaces. You will see very little movement in response to movement of the plane on the yaw axis. Hold the plane and flick it quickly in the yaw axis and watch the rudder very closely and you might see some movement but not much. I think that's just the way it is. In fact, on some stabilizers like the old HobbyKing Turnigy T1000FC, even though there was a rudder channel, it did nothing. Most people never even bothered to plug it in. The newer Bigaole flight controller is only marginally more reactive on the rudder.
                ELE should be the next most reactive axis and should be noticeable. Roll axis is the most controlled by the stab.

Comment

I flew mine for the first time and works great . I did no mixing and just bound it to use like the AS3x .

Bryan
                  But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Yeah, the ailerons are very, visibly active. I guess that's the most important. It's really difficult to be sure the direction is correct on the rud/ele, though.Thanks for the input. Doc

Comment

I like to crank the gains up all the way to check correction direction and then once verified I'll try 50 percent for flying.

Comment

I did that, but still can't be sure of the direction. The movement is so small. Doc

Comment

If anyone is wondering if the rx works or not they do !!! I flew in 10-15 mph with a very lite weight Dynam Skytrainer . I figured if I were to try one why not push it . I know to some that may not be much wind but for me its a good bit , This plane weighs next to nothing and the wind was moving the plane . I am sold !!!!!

Wanted to try the new Admiral rx by Motion RC. This one has the Gyro in it so gave it the best test I could think of , a very lite weight Dynam Skytrainer in...

Bryan
                          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Thanks...That's encouraging!!! Doc

Comment

Doc, I flipped the j4 & j5 switches and the gains are at 50% . There was no mixing - just bound and flew . The wind was moving the plane as it was sitting on the ground with the battery attached . I don't plan on using the Recovery mode in it, so I had no extra programing to do, which is perfect for me . The firmware that's been written and installed by the MRC team is simple to use. I chatted with Ryan a couple of times and with his input, this is what we came up with . It's just like the AS3x system to me, which is all I wanted .

Bryan
                              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Tom I have a Admiral RX600SP Receiver that I installed recently and wondering in Combo A when I hit the Bind Switch to activate Recovery Mode in flight what should happen/??

Comment

^^^ The plane will recover from its unusual attitude, i.e. Go right side up.

Comment

Here is the quick start guide for the Gyro version of the receiver.

Very good information in here.

Pilot Ryan is here to walk you through setting up your Admiral RX600SP Receiver with Gyro. find it here: http://bit.ly/AdmiralGyroTable of Contents01:29 - Se...

Comment

We also have a great video about the Admiral gyro/receiver now. It details the simple setup but also goes into advanced concepts and programming for those of you who are interested.

Comment

Quick question , Just received my 1st Admiral RX and haven't put it in a plane yet , Ive been using the Lemons for years and LOVE THEM and never had one issue. My question is , does the rotary knob on the top right of the TX adjust the gain of the stabilization like the lemon RX pluses ?

Please advise ...

Comment

• Just called Motion and spoke with Matt ( Nice guy ) and answered my own question , These arent equivalent to the RX pluses ... The Lemon RX plus allows for remote gain adjustment from the TX ... This is still a great RX , but unfortunately non adjustable from the TX .. Motion please carry the RX plus version .. far superior to this one .. I should have checked before ordering this one... Back to Lemons for me..

Comment

Working...
                                          X