X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Corpster101 View Post
    I followed exactly as your instructions above and right aileron operates but Left aileron isn’t working. Do I need a y harness for this to work? I’ve tried plugging in left aileron on all ports of rx with no luck
    What aircraft specifically do you have? Since you are going to an Elevon/delta setup, then one aileron servo lead plugs into the aileron receiver port and the other aileron servo lead plugs into the elevator port. You definitely do not want a Y harness for this.

Comment

• I ran into two issues when I was installing an RX600SP this past week. The more difficult to figure out was installing one in a Freewing 80mm F-86. I could not get a change in the receiver when the bind button ("I") on the transmitter was pressed. I found a review on the MRC site that provided the solution. For the gyro to work properly, the gear servo can not be reversed. Once I changed the operation back to normal, pressing the bind button gave a change in the receiver's LED lighting. So, important to not have your gear servo reversed. Second, I installed one in a new 850mm Mustang. I was getting a "pulsing" of the motor but it wouldn't run properly (e.g. fast). I tried a charged battery and it worked just fine. Oops!

Anyway, just thought I would throw these two solutions up on this site.

Comment

• Im putting this receiver in a fun jet dragon. Okay I got both ailerons moving, operator error of course, the left aileron servo was plugged in backwards, I guess that is why it was making the buzzing. Still having issues, both elevon aircraft type on my dx6e are not allowing the elavons to work together. Moving stick to the right moves only one side back and fourth and up and down moves the other. My dip switch J4 is on, left ail is in elevator. From what I’ve read/watched there shouldn’t be any mixing on TX to get it setup. Hoping to fly it today ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Corpster101 View Post
          Im putting this receiver in a fun jet dragon. Okay I got both ailerons moving, operator error of course, the left aileron servo was plugged in backwards, I guess that is why it was making the buzzing. Still having issues, both elevon aircraft type on my dx6e are not allowing the elavons to work together. Moving stick to the right moves only one side back and fourth and up and down moves the other. My dip switch J4 is on, left ail is in elevator. From what I’ve read/watched there shouldn’t be any mixing on TX to get it setup. Hoping to fly it today ????
          It's been said a couple of times. You DO NOT set TX for elevon when you are using a gyro type RX or a gyro. The TX MUST be set to "normal" type of wing. The wing type is ONLY set in the RX or gyro.
          PS. Are you sure J4 is ON? It's a tiny little dip switch. It may not have clicked into position. Try flipping it with something small and pointy until you feel it click. If it's not actually in position, it may still think it's set to "normal" wing.

Comment

• I was on SU-35 thread and looks like there are several posts where people lost the plane using Spektrum TX with Admiral RX. I just finished assembling my SU-35 and was planning to use Admiral RX1000 10-Ch with Eagle A3 Super 3. I have a DX8 G2 and iX12. After reading those post on Admiral RX problems, I am not sure if that's a good idea.

Is anyone using Spektrum G2 or iX12 TX with Admiral RX with success?

Comment

• N4Speed
              For the last year have been using an Admiral RX700T in my FMS 1700 F7F with a DX9 and no issues (knock on wood)
              I also use a lot of Lemon Rx's. Dropped Spektrum Rx's years ago after multiple losses on their stuff and their unjustifiable overpricing.
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Do the Admiral receivers with telemetry show fades and holds on the newer spectrum transmitters?
                Hanger: FW F-22, E-Flight F-16, T-Rex 600, Twisted Hobbies 342, VIP Pylon, Flying Flags hotliner, 1.5 Maule,

Comment

• Following for sure! Just purchased my first Motion RC airplane/jet and I ordered an AR630 (which isn't here yet) to install in it. Tonight I ordered 2 more Jets from Motion and decided to get the new Admiral RX600SP 6-Channel DSMX Compatible Receiver with Stability Plus Gyro which I plan to install in the new ones. Not that I'm a "Spektrum Fanboy" or anything, but I've only flown their products in the past. Either in the BNF format or installed it myself. Mostly BNF though. I'm running an IX12 and have been pretty happy with everything BUT, I've had several times that I have lost signal and the last one caused my Conscendo Evolution BNF to meet it's unfortunate demise. I thought I'd give the Admiral a shot and test the waters on the other side of the pond (So to speak). I'll try to post my results and thoughts once I get the new receivers and try em out.

Comment

• To N4Speed and others,
                    I just happened on this thread. I have flown my Freewing F-4 Phantom with a JR 9303 with a 2.4 Module/Admiral RX1000 10-Ch with no problems. I recently switched to a new DX9 and continue with the same Admiral RX1000. The F-4 continues to fly without any issues. I did recently find that several of my Spektrum satellite receiver "cables" were frayed at the base of the plug which can cause a loss of control so I suggest you always check them and replace with new cables as needed. The cables need reinforcement at that connection point of failure and coating it with liquid tape may prevent the fraying and loss of connectivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                      I'll assume Motion will make a post soon about this but I found that they now have Admiral branded receivers.

From the website:
                      These Admiral DSMX™ compatible receivers are manufactured by Lemon with custom firmware specifically for the Admiral brand receivers. The Admiral 10 channel receiver features a diversity antenna for better range and the most reliable coverage for your model. Motion RC picked the best receivers on the market and worked with the manufacturer to make them even better. These receivers are an excellent value for RC pilots with the reliability and performance that Lemon receivers are known for in the hobby.

I've been using Lemon receivers for two years now and I love them! Great job Motion to listening to what your customers want, my next receivers will be Admirals!

https://www.motionrc.com/collections..._brand=Admiral
                      I just recently tried to purchase a couple of these to try them out from Motion RC, but when they tried to charge me $40.00 shipping using FedEx I said: Forget that. I would still like to try these new Admiral receivers if I could find them somewhere that they could be sent via USPS and a decent shipping rate. I have used the Lemon and Orange receivers in the past and have had pretty good luck with them as well. Anybody know where another source could be found?

Comment

• Originally posted by N4Speed View Post
                        I was on SU-35 thread and looks like there are several posts where people lost the plane using Spektrum TX with Admiral RX. I just finished assembling my SU-35 and was planning to use Admiral RX1000 10-Ch with Eagle A3 Super 3. I have a DX8 G2 and iX12. After reading those posts on Admiral RX problems, I am not sure if that's a good idea.

Is anyone using Spektrum G2 or iX12 TX with Admiral RX with success?
                        Hey!! I kinda agree with your thoughts here. I have the same exact Spektrum transmitter and have had problems with losing control of some "off-brand" receivers in some of my planes causing bad crashes. One crash was due to a Chinese copy of one of the Spektrum receivers and I got rid of that piece of junk. I should have known better but at the time I was fairly new to the sport and ended up getting that cheap knock of RX probably off of eBay or such place. I've also had some problems with some of the receivers sold by Heads Up RC (they have gone out of business now). So......yeah!!.....I'm a little leary of trusting these Admiral RXs with a Spektrum TX. I have some of the "Orange" receivers in a couple of my older foamies that seem to work very well and I probably wouldn't really care a whole lot if one of those old clunkers crashed anyway. But......I recently finished up building a new plane from a balsa kit called the "Javelin" put out by Old School Model Works and I sure don't want it to end up crashing right off the bat and so going to stick with an old reliable Spektrum receiver AR 6210. By the way.......I just joined this forum and it sure seems like a great place to learn stuff and post up replies and etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gozonablat View Post

I just recently tried to purchase a couple of these to try them out from Motion RC, but when they tried to charge me $40.00 shipping using FedEx I said: Forget that. I would still like to try these new Admiral receivers if I could find them somewhere that they could be sent via USPS and a decent shipping rate. I have used the Lemon and Orange receivers in the past and have had pretty good luck with them as well. Anybody know where another source could be found?
                          You should just stick with what you know. Do a Google search for Lemon receivers USA and you'll see options for buying these. Also, you can get them from RC Castle out of Hong Kong. Can't say what the shipping will be but they'll send these by mail fairly cheap but could take a while to get to you.
                          On a side note, If you do buy the Lemon product, you should always augment the main receiver with a satellite RX for better range and coverage. I don't entirely trust those two whisker diversity antennas alone.

Comment

• I've got one of these admiral rx that I never plan to use I am staying with Spektrum or Futaba radio systems.

Comment

• Having a problem with Admiral RX 600 SP Receivers.

When in autolevel mode above 50% throttle I get down elevator and slight left turn ailerons. On throttling back this goes away around 45% throttle. The only mix I have is ailerons-rudder at 100%. Same problem in two different Rxs. Any idea of problem?

Comment

• I have not used the Admiral product but when using the earlier Lemon equivalent, I found that "auto-level" has never worked well on those. When testing, flipping to auto-level, the plane goes "crazy", almost always they dive for the ground. I don't use auto-level on any them them anymore.
                                You might try drastically lowering the gains and if there is a level calibration, do that again according to the instructions. You might luck out and get one that works.

Comment

• I've had some weird stuff happen with Admiral receivers. I'm a fan of the 600 stabilized receivers. I have a few, one in my Freewing AL37 airliner. Never an issue. I put one in a Lazy Bee I recently built and all of a sudden the servos were moving eraticaly full deflection with no input from the transmitter. A flying buddy of mine experienced the exact same thing. It would do it in one plane but not the other. I'm just finishing my Hangar 9 Fokker DVII , quarter scale. 87 " wing span. I put a 10 channel Admiral receiver, no stabilization, all of a sudden the servos were going nuts all by them selves. That would be a nightmare if it decided to do that mid air! I'm returning it of course but has anyone else ever encountered this phenomenon? Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks for listening.

Comment

Working...
                                  X