X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Admiral receivers

I'll assume Motion will make a post soon about this but I found that they now have Admiral branded receivers.

From the website:
    These Admiral DSMX™ compatible receivers are manufactured by Lemon with custom firmware specifically for the Admiral brand receivers. The Admiral 10 channel receiver features a diversity antenna for better range and the most reliable coverage for your model. Motion RC picked the best receivers on the market and worked with the manufacturer to make them even better. These receivers are an excellent value for RC pilots with the reliability and performance that Lemon receivers are known for in the hobby.

I've been using Lemon receivers for two years now and I love them! Great job Motion to listening to what your customers want, my next receivers will be Admirals!

RC Aircraft Receivers (Rx) We carry a wide variety of RC aircraft receivers. Popular brands include Futaba, Radtron, and Xwave. All receivers below are sorted by number of channels, least to most. Use the filter menu on the left to narrow your search results or browse all RC Receivers below. Note: When selecting a rece

Awesome! Many of us were hoping that MRC would either carry or partner with Lemon. :Cool:

Comment

WOW...............they snuck them in without any fanfare :Not-Talking::Confused:

They have 6 chan with 3&6 axis stabilization.........interesting.
      Look forward to seeing a comparison between them and the Lemon 7 chan stabilizer.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I did a chat with MRC and they apparently just came in today.

Comment

I'd like to see them get the 7 Channel with telemetry as well.

Comment

I believe we will be looking into the Telemetry in the near future. In the meantime we just wanted to get started with some of the Basics and let others who may not be familiar with this receiver get their hands on some. I will be heading to the warehouse on Friday and if I get any extra info that I can divulge I will let you know.

Comment

Good news, I love my Lemons:Not-Talking:!!
              I can get a 10 channel rx for $30, is that something we can expect as well??

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                Good news, I love my Lemons:Not-Talking:!!
                I can get a 10 channel rx for $30, is that something we can expect as well??

Grossman56
                Look at the product page Gman. https://www.motionrc.com/collections..._brand=Admiral
                DK already referenced that link but for your OGS benefit LOL
                The answer is almost yes...........$32.99;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Looks like Spektrum might be sweating!:Sick2::Scared::Angry:Doc

Comment

We just added these receivers yesterday. We are working on finalizing the instructions so we have not made an official announcement just yet. The 10 channel receiver is indeed on our web page. Someone mentioned 7 channels. We call the 3 axis stabilizer and 6 axis stabilizer plus a 6 channel receiver while Lemon calls their version a 7 channel. We feel 6 channel is a more accurate description since the gyro function uses a channel leaving you with 6 open channels. We feel our firmware simplifies the setup process and makes the gyro function easier to use - especially with a 6 channel radio. We've had these in the works for a bit over a year. We spent a long time testing and tweaking to make sure all of these are as simple and reliable as possible. We are very excited to finally have these in stock and on our web site. Setup videos and product manuals will follow soon.

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                      I'm pretty certain they've been in a position of concern before this occurred do to loss of sales to Lemon products in the past couple years.
                      This is a great partnership of MRC with Lemon and it just goes to remind us that they do listen to customer requests when it makes sense. :Cool:
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                        I think Spektrum has long stopped sweating. They reached the heat stroke stage quite a while ago. I wonder what will happen when Lemon starts making Spektrum compatible transmitters? LOL They shot themselves in the foot when they introduced proprietary RX programming that the end user couldn't change and charging over $100.00 for those you can change.
                        But, I supposed they've bandaged up the wounds a little bit partnering up with FMS. :Confused:

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I think Spektrum has long stopped sweating. They reached the heat stroke stage quite a while ago. I wonder what will happen when Lemon starts making Spektrum compatible transmitters? LOL They shot themselves in the foot when they introduced proprietary RX programming that the end user couldn't change and charging over $100.00 for those you can change.
                          But, I supposed they've bandaged up the wounds a little bit partnering up with FMS. :Confused:
                          You lost me on that comment XV...........how so :Thinking: Not to derail this thread so I'd like to know the details via a PM if you wouldn't mind.;)
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Well, what I mean is packages like this that comes with the satellite antennae, which is what I have in the Avanti and the Tigercat, or the same 10 channel diversity receiver with a better price tag. Just a thought before you get into flown blown sales on these great receivers, you might want to check the competition.

Just saying. I'd rather buy from MRC, but the price difference concerns me.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Point well taken G.
                              I know that I pointed you to BuddyRC awhile back and haven't been there in like a year because I presently have a boat load of Lemon Rx on hand but your spot on.
                              If they(Buddy) can get Lemons and STILL sell at those prices TODAY and make their margins then of course the retired purchasing mgr in me says the rebadged Admirals can/should be more appropriately priced.
                              Guess we'll have to wait and see if the application of a different label merits the price.
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Well, what I mean is packages like this that comes with the satellite antennae, which is what I have in the Avanti and the Tigercat, or the same 10 channel diversity receiver with a better price tag. Just a thought before you get into flown blown sales on these great receivers, you might want to check the competition.

Grossman56
                                Wow, that's even cheaper than RC Castle.

Comment

I hope that by pointing this out, the guys may reconsider their price point and their bundling.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

http://www.buddyrc.com/lemon-rx-dsmx...ompatible.html

http://www.buddyrc.com/lemon-rx-dsmx...-receiver.html

Grossman56
                                    Guys, you are comparing apples and oranges and I want to make sure someone is not mislead into buying an inferior product. The bundle you linked to does not have a diversity antenna. We are not selling that receiver or any other like it because they are not reliable enough or safe enough for our customers. You absolutely cannot compare a non diversity antenna receiver to a receiver with a diversity antenna. Sure, a single antenna is much cheaper but at the cost of a plane quite possible going out of control and crashing or worse yet hurting someone. Personally, I'd never use a receiver without a diversity antenna and feel that specific receiver is inappropriate for most of the planes at Motion RC. Unfortunately, I can attest to the many plane crashes due to loss of control from non diversity antennas in many different brand receivers. I've heard way too many of these stories from customers. I narrowed down the line of receivers to only the best and tweaked from there. I'm still working with Lemon on more firmware and hardware updates to make sure we have the absolute best line of receivers for our customers.

Comment

The second link is for the Lemon 10 Chanel Diversity receiver. It's priced at $24.30 please a couple of bucks in shipping, the Admiral is $32.99 plus shipping (if the order is under $99). I think that's what Grossman was getting at.

I'm looking forward to leaning about the changes and improvements Motion has done on conjunction with Lemon.

On another note I'm running Lemon 6 channel receives in most of my planes, the one with the two short antennas (non diversity). I've added satellites to some of them, is that still not as a good as a Diversity receiver?

Comment

The receivers with diversity antennas are significantly better and safer. For example, the transmitter cannot communicate with the receiver through metal such as wires or a battery. These items reflect the signal away from the receiver effectively shortening you range. In my testing of non diversity antenna receivers, I lost communication with the plane with doing certain moves. I could replicate a loss of control when performing a stall turn just about every time. I'm fairly certain it was because the of the location of the battery relative to the receiver when performing that specific move in the plane I was using. It caused a 2 second loss (or so) in control. A diversity antenna allows for better reception so things like this do not happen. Ultimately the net effect is better range and better reception.

Comment

Working...
                                        X