X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help choosing a Servo Tester

I have no experience with servo testers, but think it's time I added one of these valuable tools to my shop. Can you tell me a little bit about the testers available at Motion? I see that the GT Power, Professional tester is out of stock. This one is also listed as a Digital Servo tester. Does that mean that it will only test digital servos. I would like to be able to test both types. I was watching the build video on the A-10 Warthog and that's what convinced me that I need a tester. I am considering building aircraft of this type and size so I think the tester is a must have tool. Thanks so much for your help.

Gee, that looks a lot like the one I have: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us
    With the Turnigy model, you select digital or analog at the start, and it will also measure the pulse width output of your receiver.

The manual on the sales page https://www.motionrc.com/products/gt...l-servo-tester says digital OR analog, and also says it has the same functions as mine. When it comes back in stock, I would recommend it - very handy for initial setup, too.

I bought mine before Motion stocked this one, else I would have bought from Motion, instead. IMO, the customer service is worth the extra few $.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideslip View Post
      I have no experience with servo testers, but think it's time I added one of these valuable tools to my shop. Can you tell me a little bit about the testers available at Motion? I see that the GT Power, Professional tester is out of stock. This one is also listed as a Digital Servo tester. Does that mean that it will only test digital servos. I would like to be able to test both types. I was watching the build video on the A-10 Warthog and that's what convinced me that I need a tester. I am considering building aircraft of this type and size so I think the tester is a must have tool. Thanks so much for your help.
      Welcome Sideslip,

. That only refers to the digital display on the unit, you can test either digital or analog servo's with it. I have the blue hard case GT Power unit and it works fantastic. If you have no experience you won't have any trouble with that one and it will do everything you need.

Roy B.

Comment

I have one of these 5 dollar specials ................... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...vo-tester.html and another cheap one I got as a gift when I purchased something from RC Castle. You don't need anything fancy. Just something to make sure the servo and extensions work before gluing or screwing everything together. You don't want to find out that the servo or extension is dead AFTER you put the wing or tail piece on. The ability to center the servo is also very handy. Also remember that you'll need a power source.

Comment

Working...
        X