X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix flight simulator

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with Phoenix simulator. I have the p51 and several acrobatic airplanes flying great till I flip over to fly inverted. I've learned how to fly upside down but every plane nose dives. Any ideas on how to adjust dual rate and exponential. Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Phoenix flight simulator

Flying almost any warbird inverted will have a major trim change and will require down elevator to fly level. This is a normal characteristic of an airplane like a P-51. Its a good idea to get used to flying with a touch of down elevator to fly level when inverted , that way it is easy to push to raise the nose, and not pull.

You should be able to adjust both the rates and exponential from the simulator program setup.

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC
      Flying almost any warbird inverted will have a major trim change and will require down elevator to fly level. This is a normal characteristic of an airplane like a P-51. Its a good idea to get used to flying with a touch of down elevator to fly level when inverted , that way it is easy to push to raise the nose, and not pull.

You should be able to adjust both the rates and exponential from the simulator program setup.

Martin.
      Absolute +1 on the above sentence that I redlighted. Newer warbird pilots just have to remember that warbird airframes are not "pattern" ships which were designed for equilibrium for many positional balance perspectives.*
      Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10(RIP l/g parts used A-26), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; NP O-2 Skymaster; ASM A-26 Invader; ESM F7F-3

Comment

As a frequent inverted flyer, I'll echo what they've said above. A little forward elevator is normal to keep the nose from diving when inverted, especially on warbirds and jets.

Comment

I have a different take on this.

If I know I'm going to be spending a lot of time upside down with a model I trim for 'zero' G's. That is I hold a little 'up' (back stick) up right and 'down' (froward stick) when inverted. This make just about all the maneuvers a bit easier and smoother. Axial rolls are fantastic and slow rolls are a lot easier!

The amount of stick offset is largely determined by the placement of the CofG. The more rear ward the CofG the less stick offset you need to make her fly level, ether inverted or upright.

If you have flight modes set one for your normal '1G' hands off level flight (I use this for landings), set the another for aerobatics with a 'zero G' trim. After about 3 to 5 flights you'll wonder how you got so good so fast!

I also like to use this trim chart when setting up my models.
          http://www.wtp.net/DBEST/trimchrt.html

Disclaimer I don't do the Zero G trim with high camber airfoils.

All the best,
          Konrad

Comment

Re: Phoenix 5.5.1 Sim
            Hi, All
            Recently purchased the Phoenix sim w/ the new DXe TX. i can not get the program to work past the "cannot continue because USB is not installed".
            Contacted the retailer for help. They were courteous but, suggested i uninstall and make special attempt to load the Directx 9.0c s/w which i did.... still no joy.
            Does anyone have any suggestions beyond the dx problem or reinstalling. i have done all of that many times. i am on a Dell w/ i7 cpu, 16g ram, gtx 560, 32" monitor.
            i can fly any of the other sims with no problem. RF 7.5, FSX, and any others. It seems to be related to that 'dongle' thing that has plagued Phoenix in the past.

Comment

Anyone having issues with going online? I get a error saying that it can't find the main server and to check my internet connections, my brother up north is having the same issue...

Comment

Ya me too, same issue just says master server not found and it was working find for the past week and firewall settings have been checked??

Comment

Originally posted by KRCamaro View Post
                  Re: Phoenix 5.5.1 Sim
                  Hi, All
                  Recently purchased the Phoenix sim w/ the new DXe TX. i can not get the program to work past the "cannot continue because USB is not installed".
                  Contacted the retailer for help. They were courteous but,
                  How did you get in contact with them because I haven't been able too and it's almost as if the company has gone under and leaving us hanging out to dry? I can't get on the multiplayer anymore and its just not me either my brother is having the same problem. we had no problems with it for the past few weeks and now no master server found error. our firewall setting haven't change either. we have the DX6i with our Phoenix fyi.

Comment

Working...
                  X