X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire crimper advice needed

I'd like to get a wire crimper so if I want to replace the connector on a servo wire I can.

Motion doesn't sell a crimping tool so what do you guys all use? Model number or picture would help.

DK....the crimping tool you need is for JST-SH connectors.
    IWISS is a good tool and they also rebrand for HobbyKing (which is out of stock)
    I bought the HK 4-5 years ago and still works great.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; ASM A-26 Invader; ESM F7F-3
    RIP A-10; FIRE LOSS OV-10, F7F, P-38, P-47, JU-52, PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E, Spitfire, Dauntless, AN-2; O-2, P-40D, T-28, PBY

Comment

Here's the crimping tool i've been using for a year now...works great.
      Hansen Hobbies - Electronics for Radio Controlled Aircarft
      Lon

Youtube channel:* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKc...goSkIdw85eZfPA

Hanger 9 Spitfire
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, P-51D Iron Ass
      Fliteline P-38L Pacific Silver
      Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver Island Wings
      Freewing Pandora

Comment

Here's a good video of the tool in action!

Lon

Hanger 9 Spitfire
        Freewing Pandora

Comment

The Hansen is a fine tool Lon. It is the SnapOn of the crimpers whereas the IWISS is the Craftsman.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; ASM A-26 Invader; ESM F7F-3
          RIP A-10; FIRE LOSS OV-10, F7F, P-38, P-47, JU-52, PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E, Spitfire, Dauntless, AN-2; O-2, P-40D, T-28, PBY

Comment

Thanks guys, What got me started on this was I saw a Hobby King video tonight on how to use their tool. Of course as OV10 pointed out HK is out of stock. I looked at Amazone but could not find one like the HK tool. Thanks OV10 for giving me a ling to the IWISS tool, I got it ordered and it should be here Thursday.

Lon thanks for the video link, I'll watch it here in a few minutes.

Comment

DK.......double check that you ordered the correct one. A couple minutes after I posted, had to correct the link cause I referenced the incorrect one initially.
              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Thanks OV10, I cancelled the order I placed and placed a new one with the correct part.

Comment

I was afraid that you had ordered before I caught my mistake. Too many windows open when I was comparing capabilities. Glad your all fixed up.
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

Yep, Hansen Deluxe kit is the best deal to get started making your own connectors. It's what I used to make all those short connectors I did for you. It takes a few tries when you first get started and you'll mess up a few but eventually you get it down and you'll be a wire crimping machine...

This is my Hansen kit I've had for a few years, Still going strong. The red handled crimper doesn;t come with the kit. It was a special order small crimper from Japan for doing receiver satellite and telemetry connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                      The Hansen is a fine tool Lon. It is the SnapOn of the crimpers whereas the IWISS is the Craftsman.
                      So very true Charlie...when i was wanting a crimper tool..HK out, got me at the right moment, want one NOW...and ordered from Hansen.
                      Looking forward to seeing you again at NEFI!
                      Lon

Hanger 9 Spitfire
                      Freewing Pandora

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
                        Looking forward to seeing you again at NEFI!
                        Same here Am curious as to what Gman is gonna replace this event with
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Oh..........I'll just sit here wondering at the fun you guys are having and wishing I was there............ and dreaming of next year when I can hang with the gang again and drool over all the new planes. But I have to be fair to the wife. Yeah I know........

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                          X