Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best glue for wood on styrofoam?

Hi,
    I am going to build a rudder and an elevator from wood sheeted styrofoam https://yourdiorama.com/best-glue-fo...-buyers-guide/ . For my first tests I used normal white wood glue and after drying it makes quite a tight connection between the styrofoam and the wood the problem is that everything must be fixed an under some pressure for about half an hour.
    Is there a glue which works works much faster and does not destroy the styrofoam. What about spray adhesives like 3M 77?
    What glue do you use and how long do the components have to be fixed?
    Maybe there is one that even works within seconds?
    Thank you

FoamTac. Apply to one side, press together, pull apart, press together, pull apart, press together, repeat one more time. In between separations, break the little strings, wait 15 seconds before putting it together. Each time you pull it apart, it gets harder to do. That's how you know it's working.
    Wood glue won't work well on styro, but Foamtac does and it will also work on wood.
    PS. I've never seen wood sheeted styro. Are you sure it isn't "foamboard", which is foam inside a sandwich of paper sheets. On those, hot glue works well. Wood sheeted styro seems a bit heavy for plane building.

Comment

All of my repairs have been with White Gorilla Glue, and I have made SEVERAL. Works very well. Cant say its the best, but it has always worked great for me.

Comment

GG if you need to fill gaps, Foam-tac for everything else hands down. R.
        AMA 424553

Comment

I’ve used the glue that comes with all the freewing and Flightline planes and had great success with it. Don’t ever throw those little white things away it’s great glue

Comment

Working...
          X