X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Link Pliers

Increasingly, new models from several manufacturers are using ball-links instead of snap-on clevises for their aircraft's control surface hardware. Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike filmed a very helpful video showcasing ball link pliers, a simple tool which makes connecting and disconnecting ball links a snap! Literally! It's much easier than prying the ball link off with your fingertips, and using this tool prevents against bending or otherwise damaging the control surface. We strongly recommend using ball link pliers to disconnect and reconnect ball-links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrpcQ9EYaYs
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

RE: Ball Link Pliers

Received my new pliers today. They work great!
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Got mine on Friday. I waited to install ball links on the P51B until I got them, compared to the struggle when I changed them on the P51D, it was like night and day, the job was done in half the time. As I now have four planes with ball links, these are a must, good investment!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Ughh! These would have been great for me when connecting the ball links on my Durafly EFX Racer.
        You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

Just received mine. I only have one plane with ball links, Roc MXS, but I'm sure there will be more. Doc

Comment

I've changed all my planes over to the ball links. Love it.
            Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Man!... that would be quite a job! Doc

Comment

Doc, It really didn't take too long for me. don't have that many planes. And the Freewing P-51 already had them.
                Lon

Comment

Just got my pliers along with some ball links yesterday, great tool! I'm going to convert all my planes.

Comment

Funny how "specialty" tools can make such a difference in a modelers world. The usefulness of a tool remains long after the price is forgotten.

Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I'll nitpick, but the actual quote is the quality remains long after the price is forgotten. But your right that the right tool can make life a lot easier.

Comment

Same here Doc, changed both FMS P-51's over to ball links and it's really not a hard job, and a lot safer...

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by dennis View Post

I'll nitpick, but the actual quote is the quality remains long after the price is forgotten. But your right that the right tool can make life a lot easier.
                          Your right. I normally use that word for word but occasionally take liberties depending on the situation.

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Ball link pliers have been around a long time. I used them on helicopters going back to the 90's. Usually they were around $25/30 dollars so it is refreshing to see that the price is so reasonable for a pair .The only question is why it took so long for the off shore manufacturers to start using them in their arfs. They have been available to the RC community for over 25 years at least.

Dennis

Comment

I just took a pair of blunt needle nose and worked on them a few minutes with a Dremel cut-off wheel to make my ball link pliers. Cheap Harbor Freight pliers. Worked fine for years.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Yep definitely need a good set I have a set I used when I was into helicopters there definitely a must have for anyone that’s an rc guy

Comment

Working...
                                X