X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring.

I wish they would only make one type of plug. This soldering sucks.

Wish they would make all the plugs the same. My soldering sucks but works.
    Attached Files

Comment

Send it all to me in Georgia and I will do it for you.. R.
      AMA 424553

Comment

Thanks. I have a freewing Yak and HSD Viper next. Finally found a place to fly them. In Ferndale Washington.

Comment

If you do soldering enough and watch YouTube videos on the subject, you’ll get real good at it. I don’t mind soldering now although I rarely have to anymore. I buy adapters for every possible combination of ESC to battery configurations now. From time to time, I’ll buy and ESC that doesn’t have a connector at all an on those, I’ll put an EC3 or EC5 on. Those are the easiest to deal with.

Comment

Yes soldering bullet connectors to an esc is my worst nightmare. I've crimped connectors on them before . Even if I do get a soldering joint, I can never get the heat shrink over it. I have the third arm for difficult joints. I'll just have to keep practising at it.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
              If you do soldering enough and watch YouTube videos on the subject, you’ll get real good at it. I don’t mind soldering now although I rarely have to anymore. I buy adapters for every possible combination of ESC to battery configurations now. From time to time, I’ll buy and ESC that doesn’t have a connector at all an on those, I’ll put an EC3 or EC5 on. Those are the easiest to deal with.
              The only problem with adapters is that you introduce more resistance.

R.
              AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

The only problem with adapters is that you introduce more resistance.

R.
                I'm sure it does but is it significant enough to worry about? Personally, I can't say I've noticed.
                It's like the old coffee commercials that used to say their coffee was 99% caffeine free. They didn't stop to tell people that non-decaff coffee was only 3% caffeine by content. "More" and "less" are relative terms.

Comment

I concur with xviper. I consider bullet connectors to be adaptors. It's where you have too many amps being drawn through a small connector where the problems arise. Rule of thumb "use right connector for right wire". You can run lots of stuff from one wire.

Comment

Working...
                  X