X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about BEACON's: "Quick Grip"?

I recently started working with foamies and was steered by many to FoamTac. It does indeed work very well! But I also obtained another product from the same company (BEACON) called QUICK GRIP. It has a similar consistency and seems to be designed for similar applications. I haven't used it much yet, but it seems to dry even faster. My YouTube and Google-Fu have not come up with any good comparison info.

Any of you hardened foamie vets have any light you can shed on the utility of "Quick Grip"? (i.e. applications where it might be more appropriate than FoamTac?)

I would not use the Quick Grip on a "foamie". The Beacon website for this product no where indicates that it is safe for gluing foam.
    I have not personally tried it nor do I even want to consider using it because what it is approved for usage by Beacon appears to
    be similar to other non foam safe adhesive products such as ZAP GOO, E6000 and a multitude of others.
    If you want another adhesive that is foam safe use Gorilla White glue. The white cures in 1 hour with less foaming versus the amber 2 hour .
    I use the Gorilla where I want less flexible joinery and for crash victim resurrection because the foaming action gets into the nooks and crannies for superior bonding.
    I smashed a FMS 1400 T-28 being stupid some 5 years ago and cracked the fuselage right in half mid line of the cockpit area.
    It was repaired with Gorilla and is still flying with no fatigue of the glue repair.
    Another great foam safe glue especially for canopy attachment is Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue
    And last but not least in the foam safe construction adhesives would be stuff like Titebond and Elmers wood glues but cure and clamping times stretch the patience of most modelers
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Sorry, but I was not as clear as I probably should have been in my first post. I am not so much looking for another foam safe glue (FoamTac seems to be great for this!), but rather looking for opinions from folks who have actually used Quick Grip and the applications where it does work well. I read on an RCG thread that some folks are using it with very good success on EPP foam.

In other words, I'm looking for first hand experiential feedback from folks who are actually using QuickGrip, (and what they are using it for).

(Note that the Aloft Hobbies sales page says that its their favorite glue - that's where and why I purchased the one tube that I now have.)

Comment

Working...
      X