X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Safe CA Viscosity

Curious about how folks consider the viscosity perception of foam safe CA glue. For me, I consider anything with the "Thin" designation as the consistency of water. Easily drips. "Medium" has a more gel-substance to it. Not super thick but doesn't drip as easily. "Thick" is even heavier gel-like and hard to drip. Does this sound about right to your experience? Curious and thanks for any responses.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

You're pretty much spot on with the viscosity analogy from my experiences with many brands
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Great, thanks for the response...Interested to hear if others feel the same...
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Same.

Comment

Yep, spot on. As for uses, thin is for parts that fit tightly together with no gaps. Medium and thick take longer to set and can fill and flow if the are some small gaps in the parts fit.

Comment

So Aros ………. got to ask what prompted the question. Is it because of the new BenchCraft Foam Safe CA's ?
            If so, I have some customer input on it for some I recently purchased and just 5 minutes ago used it for the first time on a scratch build foam project.
            I ordered the Medium which has the consistency of what would be a thin CA as confirmed by myself and XV and TJ of your viscosity analogy in first post
            NOT impressed if this is the standard or maybe it is a bad batch.
            Some one needs to look into this.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The thin is VERY thin as well. I've found that if you use the thin or med on a non-porous material, you pretty much have to use a kicker. You also use less that what you are used to. On wood, it penetrates and cures well.

Comment

Working...
              X