X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Planes Cg Machine

Long time guys hows it going? I have a friend who is recent into the hobby. I mentioned use of a cg balancer and suggested the GP unit. I have always found it be excellent. It seems its discontinued? Is this true? Does anyone recommend a quality unit that is large enough to balance high and low wing birds?
    AMA 1102566

AkumaZeto
    Yes it is true that the GP unit is no longer available.
    Back when this occurred almost 2 years ago, mine was wearing out so I salvaged the measure rule bar from it and made a larger version of it for larger scale airframes.

Also about that time the EZ Balancer 2 came on the market but about 4X the cost of the GP.
    More recently SIG has released the Pro Balancer at a more palatable price and it incorporates the measuring bar.
    For the average 1/8 - 1/10th scale modeler, I believe the SIG is probably the best choice of the 2 referenced above.
    Glad to see you coming back into the scene again
    Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
    X