X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King boxer epo glue

Is epo glue epoxy? I am using the king boxer epo glue that came with my Freewing f-8. Also, does anyone know how long I should wait to fly after glueing?

Like was said in the other thread that you asked this question.......... You can tell if a glue is epoxy if it has 2 components that you mix together. There is no such thing as “epo glue”. There are glues for epo foam and that can be contact type glue which is what usually comes with plane kits, epoxy, foam safe CA glue, FoamTac. People also use Gorilla glue. How long to wait depends on the type of glue. If you’re going to use the stuff that comes with the plane, that usually sets up within an hr but doesn’t cure properly for about a day.

Comment

Quick note on Gorilla Glue. I use the "Clear" Gorilla Glue which does not foam; however, for it to cure properly you should spritz some water on one side or the other of parts to be glued. Gorilla glue is a polyurethane adhesive and is activated best with moisture, I understand. I have always allowed overnight for full cure with zero failures. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

RC Guy Elbee xviper We've been thinking about bringing in larger tubes of that adhesive, and similar formulations that are foam-safe. Do any of you have any specific requests or feedback before I bottle these up? For the thinner formulation, I like the idea of an old-school "liquid cement-style" applicator brush in a bottle. For the thicker formulation, I think a traditional tube is best.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          RC Guy Elbee xviper We've been thinking about bringing in larger tubes of that adhesive, and similar formulations that are foam-safe. Do any of you have any specific requests or feedback before I bottle these up? For the thinner formulation, I like the idea of an old-school "liquid cement-style" applicator brush in a bottle. For the thicker formulation, I think a traditional tube is best.
          Dear Alpha, for solvent-based glue a tube is best since it doesn't retain air inside like a bottle does. Containers that allow air to be present with the glue will end up with the glue hardening over time inside the container.
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Hands down, epoxy is the best glue invented. It cures without air; moisture or special solvent or acceleration treatment. It's a chemical reaction like cement, not an air dried chemical. Foam Tac is good for many things but nothing beats the strength of epoxy. It's also "foam safe". The diligence is mixing it properly and accurately. Most folks can't be bothered to be accurate and then it doesn't work. Some people are offended by the stink of epoxies which sometimes smell like dog pee while curing. Some people are allergic! CA is good too if it doesn't eat foam. There are many industrial adhesives that most of us will never see or be able to buy due to their controlled existence. NASA has adhesives that will bond things probably for 100 years!....Stronger than engineering and nature!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              Agreed on Tube Glue. I really like the Beacon style adhesives now that I have been using those to attach 3DP parts onto foam parts. Formulations might include something that is as versatile as thin CA's but would allow more than a nano-second to adjust the parts if required. Epoxies are awesome in clay form or any form for that matter. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Alpha, as long as there is FoamTac, I really don't use the tubed glue that comes with the models. I use it once in a while but since I have a bag of the stuff (saved from model kits), I don't really plan on buying any in the foreseeable future.
                You are very good to respond to market demand as you do.

Comment

Working...
                X