X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing foam tac glue

Does anyone know how I can remove foam tac glue or dissolve it?

RG, Are you trying to remove it from foam? I have had good luck using mineral spirits to remove it from plastic parts. That does not work as well for me on the foam itself, but it will remove it eventually. Frankly, I have just pulled it off foam with my fingers or tweezers and I have cut it off with a scalpel. Hope I have helped. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Yeah I’m trying to pull Landing gear out of epo foam, it was optional for the model but it made it very heavy and doesn’t fly well with the drag to.

Comment

Thanks Elbee the mineral spirits worked like a charm.

Comment

• Elbee
          Elbee commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent.

Did the mineral spirit damage the foam at all?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernFlyer View Post
          Did the mineral spirit damage the foam at all?
          NF, no the mineral spirits does not damage the EPO foam depending on how long it is exposed. You should let it dry out completely before priming or painting. I have had small pieces of EPO swell and then return to shape if soaked overnight for example, I've even used acetone on the EPO to remove the OEM acrylic paint with no damage to the foam, but acetone will mess with the ABS plastic bits and the acetate clear parts. Isopropyl Alcohol will also remove the OEM acrylic paint but not the glue so much. It is less invasive for removing paint. I use 91% from Sam's Club because it is cheap and easy, much like yours truly, . Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
          X