You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool for tightening transmitter switches when the get loose?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool for tightening transmitter switches when the get loose?

anyone know the name of that little hand tool that is used to tighten the bezel around the switches on the Spektrum transmitter when the work themselves loose? The tool is only about an inch or so long and is sort of like a wrench I guess. See photo. The tool is shaped so that it fits into those 2 notches on the bezel that surrounds each switch. If I know the name, I will type it into my search engine to buy it. Otherwise feel free to provide a hyperlink for it. Thank You.

Tower Hobbies carries an expansive collection of RC cars, RC airplanes, RC boats, model trains, sot cars, and supplies for all hobbyists.

Comment

Or.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../SPMA1304.html
      https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../SPMA1303.html
      AMA 424553

Comment

RRHandy and xviper Good product disclosures, never was aware of them.
        To answer the OP's question about the tool name...…...for those slotted type of fasteners it is known as a spanner wrench and they come in many configurations.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I keep one in my transmitter case, very handy!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Got it ordered from Horizon in blue. Thanks guys!

Comment

I think you'll end up cutting that down to look something more like the one from Tower. The long neck on the ones from Horizon hides the switch so that you can't grab it to prevent it from turning when you tighten the nut. Guess how I know. But those nuts in the Horizon kit sure look purdy.

Comment

Rut-Roh !!

Comment

I was wondering why they made it soooo short & stubby. I did not order that one because I figured it would be too easy to get lost.

Comment

I keep mine in one of the small compartments of my tool box with other little nik naks. I guess you could clip it onto a tiny carabiner key chain.

Comment

If it's that hard to keep the switch where you want it, just cut it down... simple solution to most problems that some make bigger than need to be.
                      AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                      X