Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready to try the Vanessa CG method myself for the first time. About two weeks from doing the CG on a 35 pounder.

Comment

I have only used it on light foamies, but the weight should be no problem. I had some difficulty in getting my head around how it worked until I finally realized it does not show you where the CG SHOULD BE but where the CG IS. Once I grasped that, its operation was crystal clear. Should have made it clear I am referring to a Vanessa CG machine.

Comment

Since it was a cool and dreary rainy event all day in upstate NY, I decided to get the CG machine built to handle my developing giant scale fleet.
        Harvested the horizontal spreader rods and the sliding millimeter rule from the GP balancer that has seen it's better days.
        Some 1/2" 1/8 thick alum angle and 3/8 U-channel at less than $10 from Lowes, a couple 4/40 sockets screws and some self adhesive foam tape.
        Viola'.......... 3 hrs of crafting fun and a stand that is as robust as the $80+ EZ Balancer but with the scale adjuster of the GP machine emerges.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0856.JPG Views:	1 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	134652Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0857.JPG Views:	1 Size:	81.4 KB ID:	134653
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
        Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

Hey, I like that!!
          I'm always battling with those pins anyways, they always want to face backwards, that's a great idea and simple too!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

So the final staging area for the birds CG measure is my sweeties 4 season room. She constantly reminds me that it is NOT a hangar. The LX P-40 and the FMS 1700 Corsair have been in there since the new year.
            Well today the newly fabricated balancer did it's job on them as well as a recently almost ready to go 80" O-2 Skymaster. Just need to finalize the canopy mount for it now.
            All 3 are go to go for their maidens

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0859.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	134795Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0861.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	134796
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
            Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

Nice WBC. Good luck on the maidens.

Comment

I know this thread is a little dated... but for anybody looking for options here, here is another CG testing option, plus you get a beautiful work stand out of the bargain too:

www.crewzinn.com

Comment

KC, Just caught this post. Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
                  Captain: Got any ideas?
                  F/O: Actually not.
                  — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleCurve View Post
                    I know this thread is a little dated... but for anybody looking for options here, here is another CG testing option, plus you get a beautiful work stand out of the bargain too:

www.crewzinn.com
                    I got one for Christmas and love it! Its so portable, I can take it to the field and advertise it to the other guys. I love the ease of use for the CG.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                    X