Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Field Case.....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Field Case.....

Since I fly mainly electrics, although I have 1 nitro plane, my field case can handle most field repairs. The alum. case is the inexpensive HF large case that has room for everything I may need. In addition to the hand tools, I have a Hobbico 72Mhz Freq. Checker, digital volt-ohmmeter, wattmeter, anemometer, a 60W soldering iron that plugs into the lighter receptacle at the rear of my Grand Cherokee, & a Radio Shack Butane micro-flame torch w/soldering tip. I keep 4 small spools of wire, heat shrink, 60/40 rosin-core solder, Velcro, Xacto set, hemostats, plastic box w/ass'd. servo/misc. wiring/connectors, & battery adapter connectors, such as Deans>Banana, Deans>XT60's, etc.. Here's some pics & link to the HF case.....

Denny

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x-6-in-x-13-in-aluminum-case-69315.html

Attached Files
    *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
    *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Re: My Field Case.....

Looks like you got almost everything covered but I question the need to have it in your field case. I'm of the opinion that if a repair needs more than a drop of glue or replacing a screw, its better to take it home and do a complete inspection. This also avoids rushing a repair and maybe missing something more critical.

Still, nice to be prepared. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

RE: My Field Case.....

Now THAT'S a field box! It would be great for out of town meets. However, for flying locally I take 4 or 5 planes and if one breaks, I just pull out another. I take glue, tape and minimal tools to make room for one more plane. The Doctor

Comment

Love those china freight boxes I have a few of them myself

Comment

Greetings,

Looking Good!!!

Bill L.
          in Okla.

Comment

I know many will feel that having a "field kit" that extensive is unnecessary, although most of the fellow pilots at our club field would tell you how many butts, or should I say planes, I saved with that kit. That's mainly why I equipped it that way & the kit really isn't that big or take up a lot of room. It's my "Smiley" kit.....

Denny
            *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
            *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Working...
            X