Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW/FL nose retracts

Hello Motion,
    Got the v2 fuze for my A6 and wanted to upgrade the nose retract with a little more robust one like off the P-38, F7F or the A10.
    Here's my rub(s):
    P-38 - There is no nose gear retract avail.......just the complete nose gear assembly. You can buy the nose strut separately but not the retract.....doesn't make sense.
    F7F - The nose retract is avail separately but there is no picture......photo coming soon(how long has this bird been out???) and no stock.
    https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...-shafts-type-e
    A-10 - picture of the 5.1mm looks good but no stock. Am wondering if it is the same as the F7F since it is listed as a 5.1mm shaft too
    https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...4-nose-retract
    Lastly, what does the Type designation mean as in Type D(A-6) Type E(F7F) and Type C(A-10)
    Look forward to gleaning some more gizmo info for my mods as well as for others out there.
    Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, Stuka, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Artic Thunder, A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25); Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix: Spitfire, Dauntless; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; Sonic Modell Pitts Python

one thing I would certainly appreciate is the dimensions of the gear etc listed in the product page... Im sure Im not alone here..I often check the spare parts of many different planes offered by Motion to see if they would work/fit in a different project... but that info is never there, and often times like pulling teeth trying to get plane owners to take a few measurements for me. I hate to buy parts gambling whether they will fit my needs..especially when theyre close to $50 range. I too wondered what the 'types' meant on the retracts.
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
      one thing I would certainly appreciate is the dimensions of the gear etc listed in the product page... Im sure Im not alone here..I often check the spare parts of many different planes offered by Motion to see if they would work/fit in a different project... but that info is never there, and often times like pulling teeth trying to get plane owners to take a few measurements for me. I hate to buy parts gambling whether they will fit my needs..especially when theyre close to $50 range. I too wondered what the 'types' meant on the retracts.
      Definitely. That is one of the main reasons why I get most of my "project" oleos from hobbyking. I would much rather purchase them from Motion, but its difficult to track down their dimensions/specs.

Comment

yeah, and HK its always OOS in the US anyway
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
          yeah, and HK its always OOS in the US anyway
          Yep, and then you end up paying for $20 worth of shipping on $25 worth of parts if you want receive it in a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

I replace all my wheels with Dubro low bounce wheels. I REALLY wish MRC would give wheel dimensions so that I can go ahead and order my replacement wheels with my new plane, avoiding shipping cost just for some wheels! Paleeeeze! Doc

Comment

Hello TS, DD and Doc........appreciate your adding to the post and even widening the scope of the topic to "dimensions" which has been asked many times but if I remember correctly was responded to by MRC mgmt as being a laborious task to undertake(don't recall exact phrasing) and is from what I have seen quite often across this forum a huge opportunity missed for parts sales regarding oleo's and etracts.
              But back to the original thread topic request...............still awaiting a response from Motion
              Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, Stuka, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Artic Thunder, A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25); Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix: Spitfire, Dauntless; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; Sonic Modell Pitts Python

Comment

Working...
              X