Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Y'all, Fuselage_3 completed and had some thin spots of the 'thin' wall construction. Chatted with 3Dlabs forum guys and it is not unusual so I will 'press on'. The structure of this is quite fascinating to me, though I am easily entertained. I have looked on MotionRC's site and I am thinking the F-4 90mm setup is the way to go here, but are all 90mm EDFs 8s? The recommended setup is 90mm EDF and a 1750Kv motor with a 100+ amp ESC. I'm in the learning curve just hiding behind the door. Any help here would be appreciated. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	86 Fuse 1_2_3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	159220Click image for larger version

Name:	86 Fuse 1_2_3 Structure.JPG
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	159221
    Captain: Got any ideas?
    F/O: Actually not.
    — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

• Wow, that looks good, what do you use for adhering the media to the bed?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Wow, that looks good, what do you use for adhering the media to the bed?
        RBTX, Thanks, I started out using the glue stick that came with the Prusa kit, which was just like Elmers Xtreme as far as I can tell. There is another better product called 3D Gloop www.3dgloop.com which works even on glass but leaves a residue. I have used both and these work. However, I have the Powder-Coated TXT Spring Steel heat bed sheet which once it is broken in no longer requires an adhesive. I clean it with acetone before each print and I scuffed it up before I printed my 2nd print as I had a problem with adhesion at first. Pic is Fuselage_4 the largest piece so far. Best, LB
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Fuse_4.JPG Views:	1 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	159290Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0004.JPG Views:	1 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	159291 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0005.JPG Views:	1 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	159292
        Last edited by Elbee; Nov 2nd, 2018, 09:56 AM. Reason: Misspelled a word and added a space for the URL

Comment

• Some pics of my printed nose gear doors for the B-24.
          Pat

Comment

• Well done Pat!

Comment

• Those are bomb bay doors Pat.... Really, good job!!! Thanks for the info too.... Jerry

Comment

• I know, those things are HUGE, almost 8" long!
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RBTX, Thanks, I started out using the glue stick that came with the Prusa kit, which was just like Elmers Xtreme as far as I can tell. There is another better product called 3D Gloop www.3dgloop.com which works even on glass but leaves a residue. I have used both and these work. However, I have the Powder-Coated TXT Spring Steel heat bed sheet which once it is broken in no longer requires an adhesive. I clean it with acetone before each print and I scuffed it up before I printed my 2nd print as I had a problem with adhesion at first. Pic is Fuselage_4 the largest piece so far. Best, LB
                  Click image for larger version Name:	Fuse_4.JPG Views:	1 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	159290Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0004.JPG Views:	1 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	159291 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0005.JPG Views:	1 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	159292
                  Cool brother thanks! Im worki on the first print now. It looks really rough, however i am using the cheapo filament that came with the printer, not the stuff i ordered, i just figured i would use the cheap stuff while i learn how to work it. Before i dive in to some more fun and exciting projects

Comment

• I use AquaNet hairspray to adhere parts to the bed.

Comment

• Nice, i heard that works nicely

Comment

• It's cheap and it works better for me than anything else I have tried.

Comment

• Heres my first print with this thing! Extremely pleased!!!

Comment

Heres my first print with this thing! Extremely pleased!!!
                            RBTX, Dude, you're "Rockin' It". Bravo Zulu. Now, what's next? Best. LB

Comment

• This is fun to watch. Nice work fellas!
                              Aros.MotionRC
                              Motion RC Website/Advertising
                              Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RBTX, Dude, you're "Rockin' It". Bravo Zulu. Now, what's next? Best. LB
                                Once im done with making the platform, im gonna look for some plain parts

Comment

Heres my first print with this thing! Extremely pleased!!!
                                  Looks like some step for model railroad stuff.... HO scale? That is what I model in.... Looks great Bro!!!

Comment

• Yes! Im printing up the actual platform now. And yes it is HO scale

Comment

• RBTX, I like HO Scale, just difficult to RC gear in the airplanes. Fuselage_6 added. Tammes said, "It's getting so big." Cracked me up as my mind went immediately to the gutter. I've said too much and she is just a champ for putting with me. Anyway, Best to all this Sunday AM and "Go Chiefs", LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.JPG
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	159607Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	159608 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• That is looking good though

Comment

• Very cool!!!! My Freewing 80mm is still in the box. Now we have new powerplant options which should make it sweeter!!!! But the 3D printing intrigues me. I was an instructor for SHARP electronics and taught copiers, printers and fax machines.... Color copiers were complex, but the 3D thing is something I will add to my skillset very soon!!! Looking really cool LB!!! I like it when the girls comment on size too.... (of the planes and storage spaces)

Comment

Working...
                                          X