X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo Speed Adjustment

I'm working to set up an FMS P40-B 1400MM on my Spektrum DX6 and would love to slow the flap adjustment speed down. I know this isn't an adjustment available with the DX6 from the factory, but does anyone have an economical trick up their sleeve????
    Yeah, I'm pretty new here..so please forgive me if the answer is obvious to the veteran flyers around these parts. Thanks!!!!
    FMS P40-B 1400mm
    0%
    Spektrum DX6
    100.00%

Actually, it is...

look under the Flap Setting page in Function List
    it is disguised as last option after mixing.

I just set up my T-6 from eFlite, and as per the manual there it was - along with the elevator mixing.
    Their numbers were perfect and they recommended 2.0 sec.

Comment

I was under the impression that fms flap servos were slow speed servos, unless you had to replace them?

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        I was under the impression that fms flap servos were slow speed servos, unless you had to replace them?
        Ahhh, missed the FMS part and got fixated on the Dx6 part....
        disregard

Comment

Your post may have merit still if he had to replace the flap servos though. And in that case he would have to use the radio speed control you posted.

Comment

There is also the option f digital programmable servos and programming them for an even slower speed.

Depending on servo choice, it might be cheaper to upgrade the transmitter.

GWS and others used to sell little circuit boards to ut between the RX and the servo to cause the servos to move slower.
            You can probably still find something of that nature by looking for retract sequencer devices which would operate each wheel and the doors at different timing and speeds all on one channel.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
              Actually, it is...

look under the Flap Setting page in Function List
              it is disguised as last option after mixing.

I just set up my T-6 from eFlite, and as per the manual there it was - along with the elevator mixing.
              Their numbers were perfect and they recommended 2.0 sec.
              I believe that is correct. First, you have to tell it what type of wing your plane has. IE, 1 AIL, 1 Flap. This opens up the flap system menu. From there, you can select the deployment time from "normal" to several seconds. If you don't tell the DX6 that you have "1 flap", it won't open up the flap system page and will default to the 3-position switch that controls channel 6. The default also only gives 0%, 50% and 100% for deployment but doesn't allow for speed selection. Also, having just the default, won't necessarily "zero" the flaps to start with.
              I have a couple FMS warbirds and neither appear to have "slow" flap servos. I still slow them down to about 3 to 4 second deployment per step.

Comment

What is the purpose of the poll
                Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10(RIP l/g parts used A-26), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; NP O-2 Skymaster; ASM A-26 Invader; ESM F7F-3

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                  Wondered that myself...figured mustíve been a fat finger.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    I believe that is correct. First, you have to tell it what type of wing your plane has. IE, 1 AIL, 1 Flap. This opens up the flap system menu. From there, you can select the deployment time from "normal" to several seconds. If you don't tell the DX6 that you have "1 flap", it won't open up the flap system page and will default to the 3-position switch that controls channel 6. The default also only gives 0%, 50% and 100% for deployment but doesn't allow for speed selection. Also, having just the default, won't necessarily "zero" the flaps to start with.
                    I have a couple FMS warbirds and neither appear to have "slow" flap servos. I still slow them down to about 3 to 4 second deployment per step.
                    Oh yeah, I had forgot about the wing + flap set up page...good info there on the default.

Comment

More than a fat finger...............took three separate inputs to set that up
                      Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10(RIP l/g parts used A-26), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; NP O-2 Skymaster; ASM A-26 Invader; ESM F7F-3

Comment

Well, dog gone it. I wanted to vote on something, anything.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                          So, is it really a poll if there is no question?

Comment

I see only one person voted in the poll so far, so, what do you win ...
                            Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

Originally posted by ewengstrom View Post
                              I'm working to set up an FMS P40-B 1400MM on my Spektrum DX6 and would love to slow the flap adjustment speed down.Thanks!!!!
                              Just so I'm getting this right. You want to slow down the flaps more than what they are already doing? Just as rifleman and F22trainer mentioned, the flaps are already slow, I 'm just making sure I'm following right ...
                              Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

mcriley2, the flaps weren't all that slow (to me) so I wanted them slower, after following F22trainer's directions, I'm happy with the results. The FMS servos for the flaps "snapped" down, now the flaps lower slowly.
                                As for the pole, this was my first time posting and the program didn't appear to want to let me post without putting something in those fields. I was pretty tired so I filled em in and posted!!!!
                                So....poll or no pole, my flaps are slow(er) and I'm a Happy camper.
                                Thanks for all the help everyone, this forum is great!!!!

Comment

mcriley2, the flaps weren't all that slow (to me) so I wanted them slower, after following F22trainer's directions, I'm happy with the results. The FMS servos for the flaps "snapped" down, now the flaps lower slowly.
                                  As for the pole, this was my first time posting and the program didn't appear to want to let me post without putting something in those fields. I was pretty tired so I filled em in and posted!!!!
                                  So....poll or no pole, my flaps are slow(er) and I'm a Happy camper.
                                  Thanks for all the help everyone, this forum is great!!!!
                                  FTW!

Comment

That's the way all my FMS warbird flaps react out of the box. It's only after you program in a slow deployment time that they look more normal. "Snap" is a very good description of what they do stock.

Comment

you cannot beat these for flap programing if it's not in your tx, allows you to reverse 1 flap servo if needed and control the up and down speed, $10.00

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us

Have used on several planes without issue
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                      X