X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help (Hobbyeagle A3 L v2) setup

Hey all I just got the F-8E Crusader and the A3 L V2 and am not sure how to set it up it's my first big edf plane and plane with elavons. Can someone help me???

When using a stabilizer like the A3-L, it's important to select "normal wing/tail" for aircraft type in the transmitter. Plug the elevons in the Rx the same way as you would for elevons - ie, one of them goes into AIL and the other goes into ELE. On the A3-L, you program it for "elevon". You may have to mess around with with wing to plug into which port and maybe even do a little servo reversing on the TX. First is to get the stick response in the correct direction. Once you have that, then you need to pick the plane up and move it in each axis to make sure the stabilizer response is working to correct for the movement. If it isn't, you can reverse it in the A3-L till it's correct. IE, a right roll movement should elicit a countering left aileron gyro response. A down pitch movement should elicit an UP response from the gyro. You have no rudder to deal with so that's easy.
    Gain control can be done from the pots or from a master gain rotary knob on the Tx. Mode can be assigned to a switch. Read the instructions or watch the video for these topics.

Comment

Is there a video that you Recommend that I watch? I watched all the ones on YouTube and I found none of them to be affective at what I need. The A3 L doesn't come with a manual so it's a bit diffacult to try and Visualize what you're telling me to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PilotDan View Post
        Is there a video that you Recommend that I watch? I watched all the ones on YouTube and I found none of them to be affective at what I need. The A3 L doesn't come with a manual so it's a bit diffacult to try and Visualize what you're telling me to do with it.
        The manual is on the website under the support tab. Downloadable PDF.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

The manual is on the website under the support tab. Downloadable PDF.
          Exactly! Just gotta know where to look. The videos that are available are more like "hints".
          A further suggestion. If the V2 comes with 3D mode, dial the gain down to zero for your plane or don't hook up the mode line. It'll default to normal mode. My V1 does and the 3D mode can mean trouble if you're not doing 3D. You can also download a manual from the RC Castle site.

Comment

Working...
          X