X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon cub S+ RTF Package

Is it possible to disable the ailerons on this RC plane so it can be flown like the super cub LP 1.2m ( which only has tail control and throttle ) that doesn’t have ailerons?

Originally posted by 907AKflyer99686 View Post
    Is it possible to disable the ailerons on this RC plane so it can be flown like the super cub LP 1.2m ( which only has tail control and throttle ) that doesn’t have ailerons?
    Not recommended, but if you unplug them, they won’t work.
    This airplane is not designed for that type of flying, which requires the wing to be “self righting” which requires more dihedral, which this airplane does not have because it does have ailerons.
    Sick with the Beginner modes and get some lessons from someone that knows the airplane - not just an experienced RC Pilot.

Comment

A plane with wings that has no dihedral can’t be flown easily with rudder and elevator alone. If the thing begins to roll due to air movement or imbalance, the rudder won’t be able to correct it quick enough. It will do the death spiral. Take a look at the wings on the Super Cub with no ailerons. You can see that the main wings are bent upwards from the center (dihedral). That’s what allows it to be corrected for roll by rudder alone. Now look at the wings on the Carbon Cub. It is flat on top from tip to tip.

Comment

Very helpful thanks.
        -Jason

Comment

New to the forum, hi guys.
          just purchased a carbon cub s rtf and had it for 2 weeks and has not been flown yet.
          the reason is — I scratch my head at (the calibration and gps system which is totally confusing me)
          will I be ok to fly it without calibrating it?
          will I still be able to change flight modes without calibration?
          look forward to any reply
          boydy1

Comment

If it were me, I would not fly it without the proper calibration. Some or all of the flight modes are likely dependent upon that calibration. I’m not so sure it will even allow you to fly it without all the set up being done. If it does, I would be afraid that trying to change flight modes to something that won’t understand what it’s supposed to do may end in disaster. I would suggest you go over step by step, point by point on what needs to be done. Even better, find someone else to help you. A second set of eyes and another brain might be useful.
            As an example, my Eflite quad has a similar calibration and without it, it won’t even allow the motors to run.

Comment

Working...
            X