X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

Thanks OV. The battery is actually all the way forward and is the recommended pack from MRC (2200 3s). I believe I just had initially set the elevator too high. I made adjustments to the push rod and finalized with trim and sub trim to get it right on.
    At this point, I don't anticipate rushing as I'm just starting to get some confidence. I'll stick with this configuration, mess with high rates and attempt to master my landings before I try out the F86 hand launcher. Once I "fly the pants off them" I'll dive into the Rebel. I'd imagine a couple months of that, and I'll be ready for a more intermediate jet.
    Good feed back and most likely the case since your still in the novice stage. I'm very anal about initial setups and am constantly catching control surfaces being improperly set on other club members that are in the same skill set as you.
    Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider(in rehab shop); FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Artic Thunder(100+ parts to rise again), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25); Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40;

Comment

Purduephigam, I'm just reading your thread now. You're in good hands with these guys, they've all given great advice, and it's clear you've committed to a level headed approach to cultivating your flying skills methodically. Stick with it and you'll be enjoying your F-86 soon enough, and then whatever you fancy after that!

The Pandora remains one of my absolute favorite sub $150 aircraft because it offers four configurations in one box to ease the transition into similarly laid out models in the future. Several workers within our factory supply chain have learned to fly on the Pandora. Even the owner of Freewing flies one. So, you're among friends on a similar path.

Comment

Whoops, yeah you're right Dewey, I am so used to flying mine on low wing tail dragger configuration that completely slipped my mind!

Grossman56
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8854.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	102385Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6107.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	102386
        Team Gross!

Comment