X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RocHobby Beech Staggerwing Lighting System Hack

Hello there pilots; I've got a Beech Staggerwing ARF/PNP from RocHobby. It requires at least a 6-Channel Transmitter and applicable Receiver, and it features flaps, navigation lights, and servoless electric retracts. I'm using a FlySky FS-T6 Radio System and a compatible 6 channel receiver with 6 ports. With all of those channels connected, I still need to connect the Navigation LED lights. Can I just splice the wires from the LEDs onto one of the other channel cables, like for instance the landing-gear channel: so that whenever I activate the gear, the light's will illuminate? Or would it draw too much power or something, I've got limited knowledge on electronics. -
    Thanks

Welcome to the Squawk HS. Does your receiver have a battery channel? If so just plug your lights into that or you can use a y cord to tie the lights into the gear channel and you will have constant power to the lights.

Comment

Welcome! Just use a Y harness and use any channel. The gear or flaps is what I use..... Have FUN!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk H.S.

Before getting into this, first things first. There's no mention if your lights are bare wire or do they have connectors? Invest in a few y-harnesses, they will come in handy at times. However, just as Boomer mentioned, you can plug directly into your battery/bind port or attach your lights into a y and you can couple with any other port. As you've noticed, Boomer and Hardway both use either gear or flap port. Me, I use my lights with my elevator port. Either way, your nav lights will remain constantly lit. My opinion is to go with y-harness instead of direct slice if possible. It's a bit easier and doesn't cause extensive work if you need to change anything in the future ...
        Hope that helps ...
        Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

Working...
        X