X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC or Constellation

I know some time back there was a small discussion on a plane along these lines , is there any update ??
    I've seen the DC somewhere else but was hoping to see one here .

Bryan 
    But Crashing is Landing

RE: DC or Constellation

The sanctified DC-3! Boy, would I love to have one. A 60" wingspan would do nicely. Doc

Comment

I'm with you Doc, as I've already mentioned.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items...3I-104AAF.html

I wonder if Motion can get a bird such as this in stock?  This one handles like a DC 3 would, no aerobatics or things like that, but such a great bird.  Now the wife would kill me, but there are days that if I saw that on MotionRC, well my trigger finger would get mighty twitchy pilgrim!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Nice looking plane. I would stay clear of this dealer and their products. I am speaking from experience.

Comment

We are still looking. We've tried a few and had major problems with them. We may have to work with Freewing to design our own if we can't find a good one. No luck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC
            We are still looking. We've tried a few and had major problems with them. We may have to work with Freewing to design our own if we can't find a good one. No luck so far.
            Thanks for the effort Tom.  We trust you guys to keep us straight when evaluating products and dealers.

Comment

I hear you Tom.
              As a former part owner of a DC3 who spent ten plus years all over her restoring her, it just holds a soft spot in my heart.
              Now, the wingspan on this particular bird is huge!  I'd like to see something in the 70-80 inch span.
              What I liked about it was the three section wing, just like the real one (minus the hundreds and hundreds of screws that hold the real wing on)
              Me on the left installing said screws:

So it would make getting it to and from the field easy.  The other thing that you might consider it you went ahead with Freewing is to build it as a DC3 and not a C 47 with cargo doors.
              A lot of C 47's came out of the war and were converted back to DC3's with an air stair door.  Heck, a lot of them were scooped up by the AAF at the beginning of the war right from the Airlines.  Heck, ours saw service as a DC3, which is what she was, no "A" or C 47 convert.  She was scooped up from American Airlines, as you can tell because she has her passenger door on the 'wrong' side, American put it on the right side because the port engine was fired up while passengers were boarding, this way they wouldn't get blown from the prop wash

Anyway, I'm getting carried away with a particularly close subject.  I'd love to build one in the colors we painted ours up in.  Just to see her fly again.
              BTW, all the metal polishing on her was done by yours truly, a labor of love that spanned several years, mostly by hand, so a great metallic finish would be nice!

Grossman56
              Attached Files
              Team Gross!

Comment

Wow. That thing looks perfect. Really nice. Thanks for the pics. I love to see stuff like this.

Comment

Working...
                X