X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam DC3

I am glad to see that you are going to carry the Dynam C47, however, I would be VERY glad to see the unpainted version of the DC3. Is there any chance of that happening? Thanks, Doc

RE: Dynam DC3

We don't have any plans at this time but if there is enough interest we could potentially do a special order.

Comment

Tom did anyone mention putting retracts on the DC ?  How about Dynam lights , hoping to see a better setup soon . I knew at one time you were looking around for this type of plane , is this one or are you still looking ? 

Bryan 
      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

We are still looking or possibly could design a proper one on our own. As far as Dynam, we are working with them to slowly update the entire line. They are not coming out with anything new at the moment because we are working with them to improve the existing Dynam planes.

Comment

Yes, count me in on this one.  First of all, make it an actual DC 3, not a C 47.  Secondly, remember the American Airlines DC 3s had their passenger door on the starboard side.  There are also two different motor setups, the original Wright engines or the Pratt and Whitney 1830's.  The difference, besides the obvious cowling difference, is that the Wright had short exhaust stacks and the nacelles weren't dimpled.  The P+W's had the long exhaust stacks that were so familiar on the C47s.  Its interesting to spot a conversion because they had to modify the P+W exhaust to get around the lack of a dimple.

Here's our old DC 3.  She's not an "A" or "B" or whatever, she's a 3 tried and true. Note the baggage door on the port side, she was one of the last with that style of door.  Originally Flagship Texas of American Airlines, originally had Wright engines on her and was converted to P+W's.  Her sister ship, Flagship Knoxville resides in the American Airlines Museum in Fort Worth Texas.  Now she is exactly as she was when she served the public.  Quuiet the bird to see, I was fortunate enough to go inside of her when I was down there ten years ago.  Unfortunately, a PC crash took all the pics with it, so...........
          Anyway, if you want a DC3 to go by, there's the one.
          BTW, make it 65 to 70 inches in wingspan so she looks like a DC3 flying and not a Mosquito.

Grossman56
          [hr]
          See, shouldn't get me started on DC 3's

LOL
          Grossman56
          Attached Files
          Team Gross!

Comment

Grossman, If you were to write a book about DC-3's... I'd take a dozen. Thanks, Doc

Comment

I hate to promote products from Motions competition as I have spent a great deal of
              $$$ at Motion RC and like the products and service that they offer, however, you should
              check out this DC-3 / C-47 offering from HobbyKing. It comes PNP with flaps and scale
              retracts. 1600mm wingspan flying on a 4s 3300-4000mah LiPo :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__55564__HobbyKing_8482_Empire_Airlines_Finnair_DC _3_Airliner_EPO_1600mm_PNF_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__55563__HobbyKing_8482_C_47_Skytrain_Military_Tra nsport_EPO_1600mm_PNF_.html

They offer two civilian and three military paint schemes I believe.
              Attached Files
              If your pack's not swellin, you're not gellin ...

Comment

Hey Huff as much as I hated to do it I bought one . I had Callie send me the Pan Am graphics and I am happy with the out come . Not had it in the air yet ...

Bryan

Attached Files
                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64
                  Hey Huff as much as I hated to do it I bought one . I had Callie send me the Pan Am graphics and I am happy with the out come . Not had it in the air yet ...

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

That livery looks great ! Let me know how she flies. Is quality of model good ?

Also, can you provide link to where you got the graphics. You have Pan Am so
                  I'm thinking Delta or Eastern .... if they have those. The vintage Delta liveries
                  we're pretty nice  :D .

Keith
                  If your pack's not swellin, you're not gellin ...

Comment

http://www.callie-graphics.com/index.php
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
                    X