Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jerry, Just remember to clip the finger nail before you start your build. The foam is very sensitive,lol... But the plane is a beauty!!

Comment

• The AL37 shipments arrived a bit sooner than we had projected, but we're happy it was a Black Friday surprise ship-out day for our preorder customers!

We will be publishing the tutorial video showing just how easy it is to install the decals using the molded in corner reference marks. After you all spend an hour applying your Callie Specials on, the window/door decals (three sections per side of the fuselage) take about 5-10 minutes, total. It was a small but important element of designing the decals in a way where they could be quickly and consistently applied in a level fashion, which is why we molded the corner reference marks directly onto the model. Stay tuned, James will post the link in a couple hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        The AL37 shipments arrived a bit sooner than we had projected, but we're happy it was a Black Friday surprise ship-out day for our preorder customers!

We will be publishing the tutorial video showing just how easy it is to install the decals using the molded in corner reference marks. After you all spend an hour applying your Callie Specials on, the window/door decals (three sections per side of the fuselage) take about 5-10 minutes, total. It was a small but important element of designing the decals in a way where they could be quickly and consistently applied in a level fashion, which is why we molded the corner reference marks directly onto the model. Stay tuned, James will post the link in a couple hours.
        Thanks Alpha, the video will be a great help.
        Doorbell just rang... IT'S THE FEDEX MAN!!!
        Best regards,
        Cris B.
        AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
        NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Sekhet It's 3:40am here, but the video boss will take over from here. 'Shouldn't be more than an hour or so. Enjoy!

Comment

• Here's the video James published onto our YouTube channel, as a tutorial for anyone applying the window decals:

Comment

• It looks like the white version without graphics is actually painted white, not just raw white foam? That would be nice! Some of the pictures on this thread look great, especially the Delta livery. Was it painted with Home Depot sample paints or something else? I've used their paint for mat finish planes but never gloss. Any info on paints would be appreciated. Callie didn't waste any time preparing great graphics for this one!

Comment

• Originally posted by rzing View Post
                It looks like the white version without graphics is actually painted white, not just raw white foam? That would be nice! Some of the pictures on this thread look great, especially the Delta livery. Was it painted with Home Depot sample paints or something else? I've used their paint for mat finish planes but never gloss. Any info on paints would be appreciated. Callie didn't waste any time preparing great graphics for this one!
                The non-decaled version has white paint over the foam from the factory . I plan to paint mine with Rustoleum 2X enamel spray paint like I usually use since it is accessible, covers well, sprays nicely in my experience, well priced, and durable. This is used when I need to paint large areas and not intricate detailing, as the airbrush is used for the detailing instead and with water based paint to make for easy clean up.

Comment

• Not sure if this will upload properly but got it all assembled. Plane looks great. American Airlines decals to go. Batteries are charged. New receiver comes tomorrow. Need to connect the linkages. I will power it up tomorrow. Click image for larger version

Name:	24CDF2EF-3F97-490A-893F-D31748FFFCCA.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	221120
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Alpha, do you know how far behind europe is with expected delivery’s ? I’m guessing the plain white versions have shipped first too?
                    Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post
                      Alpha, do you know how far behind europe is with expected delivery’s ? I’m guessing the plain white versions have shipped first too?
                      Thanks.
                      Waiting patiently over in the UK also

Comment

• Porkster Jimmy_B The European shipments left the factory five days after the US shipments. Its ETA range stated on the EU website is still accurate; hopefully our luck continues and the EU shipments arrive earlier than expected, just as the US shipments did.

Comment

• Hello everyone! It is my first time writing here. I contact you from Spain. I am very happy to hear from you preorders are now on the way (a bit sooner than expected). Here in Europe we usually receive it later (due to shipping I guess). Does anyone know if we’re gonna have ours soon?. I like this plane so much! It seems to fly like a trainer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                            Here's the video James published onto our YouTube channel, as a tutorial for anyone applying the window decals:

Pretty slick.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Palacio, yo también espero el mío desde España, de que zona de España eres? Yo de Cádiz

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetfam View Post
                                Palacio, yo también espero el mío desde España, de que zona de España eres? Yo de Cádiz
                                I live in Gijón, in Asturias (northern Spain). We have two RC clubs here: El Ferre, and Nuevo Alastur. Both fields are grass. Many times no so well manicured as many EDF planes requiere. I like this new airliner because of many features including its off-grass capabilities (big wheels, good thrust, short take off distance, etc).

Comment

• Both versions have the fuselages painted and for those applying the decals. Please be sure and press only on the decal and not rub down on the clear covering or at least keep it to a minimum. We don't want you to peel off any paint when removing the clear backing. Be sure to peel it back at an extreme angle as Alpha demonstrates in the video and not straight up. And please peel slowly as you may get some lifting of the decal and you can easily press it back down. Took me about 30 minutes to apply these but I am also very critical of my alignment but the mold lines help keep them straight.

Comment

• My white AL37 has just arrived today! Now i must do the hard part - find room for it!

Bob

Comment

• Decals came out great. I agree with StormyDog’s recommendations above. If I could do it again I’d add the decals before assembling the plane. Rain is in the forecast the next couple days. Hoping go Maiden this weekend. Last thing is battery placement / CG. Click image for larger version

Name:	91A70EEC-809A-416E-AD01-BC6BD357FA5C.jpeg
Views:	510
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	221259Click image for larger version

Name:	004FCD75-DD72-40D4-985E-CB82BBD5AB2C.jpeg
Views:	446
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	221258

Comment

• Mwhite1911, That just looks 'outstanding'. Well Done, Sir. Best, LB
                                        Captain: Got any ideas?
                                        F/O: Actually not.
                                        — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

• Elbee Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X