Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 mm StealthStream

Gentlemen,

I've built about 40 variants of this thing from 24"WS to 32" WS, as a prop-in-slot, a pusher, a tractor, and now the EDF versions.
    Takes one piece of 32x40 Elmer's board for the little ones, and 1 1/2 pieces for the bigger ones. Nacelles are coffee cups.

The original goal was to come up with a more stylish combat wing (wedge), but it turned out those were much faster, but not as agile as a wedge.
    Then the goal became speed.....I wanted a simple design that was easy to build, and make it go 100 mph......

Here's the flight video.......this one is 30" WS x 40" OAL, 3 1/2 lbs AUW at 6 1/2 lbs of thrust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiM8FM2KAuk

enjoy
    Attached Files

RE: 90 mm StealthStream

Nice work! That looks fun.

Comment

That was a very nice flying model!!

Comment

Very impressive flying for a scratchbuilt foamboard model, Old_Pilot. Major accolades for taking something from the drawing board through multiple iterations and then arriving at this! You should be very proud.

Comment

Version 10.1 flew ok....wanted to nose over on take-off (skids too short) and on throttle increase (fan set too high). Both of these problems have been addressed on version 10.2 along with changing the efflux cone to 83% FSA.... I had to build 10.2 because I hit low voltage on 10.1 and had to set her down dead stick....in the pits.....she hit the lower crossbar of a run up table and sheared the top of the canopy off.....I'll post the plans and patterns if anyone is intersted

Comment

Working...
          X