X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplex Heron 2.4m Receiver Ready

I am looking to purchase the Heron receiver ready sailplane. Need to know if anyone has experience with the Admiral RX600SP 6-channel DSMX with stability Plus Gyro (ADMR04) from MotionRC. I would like to know how to hook the gyro up with my DX6. The DX6 is 2 years old, so I guess it's generation 2. I enjoy the Eflite Timber 1.5 and the Commander mPd Basic BNF. Have flown the Conscendo 53" and really enjoyed it.
    INUM Rtf, PicoStickSC, CHAMP, SportCub S, SuperCub S, LazyCub, BluBaby, TechOne LazyFlyer, SuperDeclathon, FMS Super EZ, FunCub, FreeWing Pandora, Wilga-2000, Eflite Timber 1.2, ApprenticeS15e, SkyTrainer 182, UMX PT-17, UMX Cessna 182, UMX Timber, Viking 12-280, eHawkeye P2GO, Mini Radian, EasyStar2, ConscendoS, MOA Glider, ES-9908 Ultra-Light, UMX Yak54 3D, 8mmEPP Edge-540, Sbach 342, Commander mPd 1.4, QQ Extra 300, Addiction, P51D Mustang, F4U Corsair, Blade 230S & Blade 450X

I have a limited experience with the Admiral RX600SP. I have two, one iinstalled in a Calypso and the other in a ROC V-tail. The instalation is so simple. View the Quick Start Guide Video (click on the VIDEOS tab on the Admiral RX600SP page). I would think the "T " tail of the Heron would be the same set up as my Calypso. The dip switches are set to normal (switches 4 and 5 are switched to "on", switch 6 is left in the "off" position). I fly in "Combo A" mode which is the default mode. Some have said that you can't sence or feel the effects of a thermal with the giros active. I have not found this to be the case. I assign the recovery feature to a switch on my transmitter, launch in recovery mode, climb to height, switch off the recovery mode, catch a thermal and go with it. I'll switch to recovery mode 10 or 12 foot above ground for a perfict landing. There are "pots" to adjust the gains on the channels. I just set them at "half way". I'm not sure this is the correct way to set the pots but it works for me. For $30 bucks, you can't beat it!

Comment

Working...
    X