X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2500mm Glider

Just received the ROC 2500mm V Tail glider on Wednesday afternoon. The box was in great shape as were the contents. I watched the build video a couple of times and I have a few comments that may help anyone getting this model.

The biggest problem I had was to get the wing assembly to fit together in the fuselage. As in the video the square box for the strut tube prevented the wings from joining completely. In the video the comment was that this may be just a few kits but it may not. Like the video I used my Dremel to clean the ends up. I think the reason for the problem stems from the fact that the spacer or midpoint washer was an after the fact add on and without the midpoint washer the wing would actually come together. That being said I like the mid point spacer but mine was off center and loose as it was not glued on properly. So I re-measured the rod and centered up the washer. Then secured it with instant glue. I also beveled the ends a bit as it seems to dig in as it slides through the spar. I dressed up the plastic boxes with a bit if a bevel on each one and it is a lot easier to put the wing halves together now. I may look into getting a carbon fiber rod to replace the metal one.

As to the wing retaining pins I have attached a zip tie that forms a loop between the two pins and this makes removing them a lot easier. It takes a good vertical pop to get them up and out.

I'm awaiting an electronic V tail mixer to come today as my DX5e doesn't mix rudder and elevator. So hopefully we can get her in the air soon.

All and all this is a neat easy build. Like it so far.

RE: 2500mm Glider

How does it fly?
    You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Vinny, we appreciate your feedback. Let us know how it flies for you! The V-Tail has remained our top selling glider each month for nearly three years and I love seeing another new pilot take to the skies with it.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hey Vinny,
        Not to disappoint you, the ROC V-Tail glider is 2200mm(87") w/s, not 2500mm.

Denny
        *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
        *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post

Hey Vinny,
          Not to disappoint you, the ROC V-Tail glider is 2200mm(87") w/s, not 2500mm.

Denny

Guys can never measure accurately.... :rolleyes:
          Lauren

Comment

Working...
          X