Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidened My Radian XL!

When I saw Horizon had these on sale for $179.99 I HAD to get 1! Glad I did! Here's the maiden flight highlights.

I loved (past tense) my Radian XL as well. Had many great flights until one day I decided to get a bit "aerobatic" with the plane. I attempted to dive bomb straight down with the intention of pulling up 100' feet or so above the ground (a maneuver I love doing with my sport gliders) . As the plane was descending the main wing and tail started to flex and vibrate violently leaving me with zero elevator control. I don't know if I overloaded the tail servos or really what happened, but it was impossible to pull up and the plane crashed nose first into a grove of trees. Just a word of caution, be careful at high speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post
      I loved (past tense) my Radian XL as well. Had many great flights until one day I decided to get a bit "aerobatic" with the plane. I attempted to dive bomb straight down with the intention of pulling up 100' feet or so above the ground (a maneuver I love doing with my sport gliders) . As the plane was descending the main wing and tail started to flex and vibrate violently leaving me with zero elevator control. I don't know if I overloaded the tail servos or really what happened, but it was impossible to pull up and the plane crashed nose first into a grove of trees. Just a word of caution, be careful at high speeds.
      Dang! Duly noted. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X