X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ParkZone Conscendo with Flaps DX6 setup

I did get the Conscendo Advance and love it. As an Oki flyer it’s hard to get a good hill without stones. I guess the same for some coastal friends. So how to slow down the Conscendo to a crawl by adding flaps and be able to land like a bird on a twig? I installed 2 servos in the bottom of the wings right at the center just so that the arms clear the fuselage. Important to stiffen up the wing centers with some carbon fiber and tape. Then cut equal length flaps (about 5 – 6 inches the same depth as the ailerons) out on the trailing edge between the fuselage and the ailerons. Make sure to use a good knife and a straight edge to cut from the top and tape with high quality tape from the bottom.
    Now the trick to use the safe receiver that comes in the BNF version is to setup the transmitter in my case a DX6 as follows:
    Model Type =ACRO; Wing = 1 Ail 1Flap channel setup is then 1 THRO, 2 Aileron, 3 Elevator, 4 Rudder, 5 Gear on Switch A, 6 Aux Flap
    Chanel input: 5 Gear switch A controls safe or AS3X mode
    Flap System menue: Switch D position 0 -80% Pos1 0%, position 2 + 80% speed 1.0 I added for Elevator on position 1 =15% and position 2 = 19% to keep the plain from nosing up. That takes a bit of trial and error during testing at a save altitude.
    Servo setup on the transmitter
    Travel for FLP 150 to keep save mode active; GER reverse; FLP reverse
    use a Y connector to plug in the 2 servos connected to the new flaps to channel 6 on the receiver.
    It works great. you can play with the max through by using different settings for Pos1 an Pos2 on switch D, it will now drive the flaps
    Switch A flips between safe mode switch down and AS3x switch up in AS3x full fun
    on switch C I select between low and high rates.

Hey worldflyer! I’m also in the Tulsa area and was wondering where to try some slope soaring with my Eluna on these windy days we have?

I might try setting up some flaps in my glider as you have described, looks easy enough to do!
    :Cool:

Comment

Working...
    X