Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my latest Tower catalog today and the EP BoT was in there. The price for the ARF is not too bad. I'm just going to wait and see what happens with Tower in Hobbico wrap up. I can buy this BoT from Great Hobbies here in Canada but that's dependent on where they get their Great Planes products from.

Comment

They show that the EP Bot will arrive late Feb. Tower is not going out of business. Doc

Comment

Good to know. I'll take another look at the BoT once we get rid of more of our winter.

Even better news. The EP BoT is available from a Canadian vendor at the same (converted) price as listed in Tower but free shipping within Canada.

Comment

Great! Doc

Comment

I have always loved the BoT! I was excited to find out an EP will soon be available. Would prefer a PNP but an EP is still great...Someone who taught me to fly sailplanes eons ago had one and I loved it's yesteryear stylings. And talk about a majestic thermaller!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

It is a beautiful sight to behold. It stays up there forever. I have to use my installed spoilers to keep it from going too high and to bring it down. I LOVE my BOT!:) Doc

Comment

It's on my get list for 2018. Gliders were always my first love.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  It's on my get list for 2018. Gliders were always my first love.
                  Folks at my field say gliders or like watching paint dry. They have no idea how much skill and stick input it takes to hunt for and stay in a good thermal. Or just hang motionless in a headwind. I love flying my 3.7m EP launch bird. Have had flights over 45min and brought it down because I was just tired of flying(and looking up):Whew:.

Comment

Gliders - both model and full scale - are where you REALLY learn stick and rudder. Agreed Twowingtj, there's a true beauty in the SKILL it takes to watch that paint dry, LOL

I see it's not for everyone but they don't know what they are missing. Once they get the bug of Thermal Searching and staying in one, it's something you really learn to enjoy. I love my ASW 28 and DG 1000 and scale uber-streamlined T-tail glass gliders but they are not thermal masters. I want a good one in my collection and the BOT may just be it, although I have my eyes on that Mystique RES EP too...
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

There a few guys like that at my field, too. Interestingly enough, we converted some of them over. To end our session of flying each day, a group sailplane adventure is always on the agenda. It's a great way to sit and relax and talk about the day's events.

The new Hobbico BoT EP appears to be of the "Rudder/Elevator" kind (with bent up wingtips). The clone new EP BoT from Gliderman is currently available and has flaps and ailerons and flat wings.

Personally, I much prefer the "high dihedral", R/E version of the glider. It's much easier and more relaxing to fly and a more stable glider. I find "full house" sailplanes to be more work than I'd like.

Comment

That "Gliderman" looks very nice but doesn't appear to be an exact copy of the BOT. I just received my EP BOT from Tower and have added most of the mod kits from Ben @ RC AirMods. He makes them in his Idaho shop and they add some quality to the BOT and install/function exactly as advertised, which is a refreshing change from much of the Asian aftermarket stuff I have purchased. Two of the best mods you can do are the installation of his spoiler/flap kit and the more positive tailplane actuator mechanism. Requires some added $ investment but assuredly will provide added performance. The motor space is tight would suggest a motor with rear exiting wires.

Comment

Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                          That "Gliderman" looks very nice but doesn't appear to be an exact copy of the BOT. I just received my EP BOT from Tower and have added most of the mod kits from Ben @ RC AirMods. He makes them in his Idaho shop and they add some quality to the BOT and install/function exactly as advertised, which is a refreshing change from much of the Asian aftermarket stuff I have purchased. Two of the best mods you can do are the installation of his spoiler/flap kit and the more positive tailplane actuator mechanism. Requires some added $ investment but assuredly will provide added performance. The motor space is tight would suggest a motor with rear exiting wires.
                          I thought they weren't available till end of Feb? Can you provide more info on these mods? Links? Pictures?

Comment

xviper -- well I actually received my EP BOT on Dec 30th (by courier !). Are they now on back order ? I cannot seem to add the link to Ben's site but search on "rcairmods.com" and you will find his site dedicated 100% to the BOT. You won't need my pitiful pics once you get there as he has photo details of these kits and complete installation details. You could also go into RCG and link to the review of the EP BOT.

Hope that helps, Barry

Comment

brk -- Thanks. I found his website. Very interesting. I guess the first batch is sold out. I didn't realize there was even a first batch. Tower indicates "late Feb" and my Canadian source says on backorder from vendor, which I assume is Tower. No matter, I'll get it when it's available. I've still got my Mystique RES and Radian XL, both of which fly extremely well and are very enjoyable. I just kinda miss my first BoT.

Comment

Latest info from Tower ........................ The EP BoT has been delayed a further 2 months to late April. Curious what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  Latest info from Tower ........................ The EP BoT has been delayed a further 2 months to late April. Curious what's going on.
                                  Chapter 11
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Very curious! The T.H. rep told me they are in business, for sure. I hope she wasn't blowing smoke up my skirt! Doc

Comment

You mean I haven't even flown it and it is a collectors item ?? ( waiting on an ESC to arrive ). They are still shipping -- received a new Kaos 60 fuse last Friday.

Comment

Flew three flights on Tuesday and so far not impressed with this electric version. See more comments in RCG.

Comment

got a link?

Comment

Working...
                                          X