X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldberg Sophisticated Lady

Click image for larger version  Name:	56B3350D-AA5C-42EC-9B52-9E17F33715DA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	178370 so while the glue and paint dries on the Ryan, Check it out.
    Futaba 3003 servos
    eFlite Park 370, tried to shoehorn a 480 in it but had to downsize before the Graupner Power Pod turned into dust.
    40 amp ESC should couple with the 1300 3S LiPo.
    Folding prop size still TBD, but did pick up a nice aluminum hub from Esprit.
    The ‘Lady is a lot further along than the Sport Trainer made way back by Aristocraft - the Challenger. Never flew it as a gasser.
    Bought in the 80’s and assembled, but the covering did not age well. Airframe is solid.

Gratis endorsement...

Comment

I :Heart:T-Tails!

Wow, that really reminds me of my Mystery Ship from waaaaay back in the day when I started flying RC in the late 90's. Man I loved that thing! No electric power, all High Start. Tell me more about her!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mysteryb_1024.jpg
Views:	1500
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	181034
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        I :Heart:T-Tails!

Wow, that really reminds me of my Mystery Ship from waaaaay back in the day when I started flying RC in the late 90's. Man I loved that thing! No electric power, all High Start. Tell me more about her!

Click image for larger version  Name:	mysteryb_1024.jpg Views:	6 Size:	343.8 KB ID:	181034
        Thanks a bunch for the interest.
        I had a Sophisticated Lady that I finished building, which I received as partial payment for some screen printing I did for a guy in Oregon. Put the Goldberg Power Pod On it a flew it probably a dozen times. Had a Gentle Lady that went with her and learned on both of them. Sold them after moving to Phoenix as a friend was looking for something easy to fly and ready to go. Used the high start a lot with the Gentle Lady!
        Anyway, here’s an updated progress picture. Trying to get the Ryan done, but weather keeps me from finishing the paint so I have been making a bit of headway with this gal. Still trying to work out the propeller but am limited to 7 inch. My Adagio props may be the ticket there.
        This girl is the ARF version of that same model, which I picked up on Fleabay for half what the occasional kit sells for and it was mostly done. Previous owner had assembled it but never flew it and it was not airworthy, pretty much had to add all new servo mounting ply. Also had to separate the tail feathers as elevator cable had to be replaced. Wing had to be cut for the Graupner Pod and wing bolts are the next task.
        Attached Files

Comment

Love it! Can't wait to see the completion...Please post photos and video when it's ready... :Cool:
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Name:	A55608EF-B734-4A80-A55C-0FC35F06E643.jpeg
Views:	1889
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	181050 Ok one more!

Comment

Gentle Lady! I haven't seen one of these in ages. One of the classics that inexplicably time has seemed to have left behind.

So when are you taking her up?
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Gentle Lady! I haven't seen one of these in ages. One of the classics that inexplicably time has seemed to have left behind.

Right?!? Love these old sailplanes. Timeless, really.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

So when are you taking her up?
                  Probably next weekend, if I can get a prop for it.
                  I have a Gentle Lady kit waiting to get built also. I just might have to try a give her ailerons and flaps, along with a belly wheel.

Comment

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Got the last one and an 8” fold prop...an 8.5 I had gives me 2mm clearance.
                      8 x 4.5 and the spinner should look super given red orange hues in the covering accents. Might have to add some pinstripes on the pod...

Comment

Name:	image_37190.jpg
Views:	1402
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	184982Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37189.jpg
Views:	1611
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	184981 Still must check the CG, but she’s ready for the maiden. Used the existing holes for wing dowels as openings for the ESC cooling. I get pictures of the cooling scoops later when I can get it outside. Maiden flight on Saturday with the Ryan STA.

Comment

Good luck!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Good luck!
                            Thanks, and for reminding me I need to digitize copies of the SR-71 mural I airbrushed for a client in NW...

Comment

Oh I would love to see that!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Oh I would love to see that!
                                As promised circa 1995...
                                did not have time to edit and they are snapshots of photos - I need to fire up the scanner.
                                Threw in a few others of some early airbrush work. I actually did 2 versions of the SR-71. The first was the mural and the second was a canvas gift for my Dad - he wanted to fly jets, but wound up as LBJ’s pilot for a bit - then told the jets where to unload over ‘nam.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Wow beautiful work! Very nice! And your dad was LBJ's pilot for awhile? Very cool indeed...
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Wow beautiful work! Very nice! And your dad was LBJ's pilot for awhile? Very cool indeed...
                                    ...the lesser known call sign “Air Force two”.

Comment

Name:	B811D8BA-2235-4D4B-828B-C93381F6E5EF.jpeg
Views:	1311
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	186252 Took her out on 2 flights today...the Sophisticated Lady that is. 2nd Flight was near 20 minutes and had a hawk joi me in an updraft. She’s kinda heavy and slow till she finds some lift.

Comment

20 minutes?!? That sounds like fiction around these here parts! LOL
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                        X