Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow and heavy is alright sometimes. I'll take 20 minutes any day of the week, especially if a hawk joins in. At Apollo, there are red hawks which from time to time will fly CAP on us. Watching them glide effortlessly barely moving a muscle to stay aloft.... birds are miracles. It's no wonder ancient peoples revered them and have been fascinated with flight ever since.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      20 minutes?!? That sounds like fiction around these here parts! LOL
      The roads leading into the field give great conventions- it got to 80* yesterday.
      :)

Comment

Nice! I need a good thermaler (sp??)...I miss having a nice soar bird that could stay aloft for an hour or so without power. My ASW-28 is heavy and needs speed. Can't thermal to save its life.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Nice! I need a good thermaler (sp??)...I miss having a nice soar bird that could stay aloft for an hour or so without power. My ASW-28 is heavy and needs speed. Can't thermal to save its life.
          It was a nice surprise on the first flight yesterday, while it was early and still cool. I got it up over the roads and chopped the motor and the nose did not drop. Even funnier that after the long flight I got it down and checked the battery- 3.8 volts each cell (3S 1300)

Comment

Nice! I think gliders might well be the most underrated class of this hobby. So rewarding.
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15202901-0D91-406E-8D51-78E2A0083B5F.jpeg
Views:	426
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	196927 She is for sale, perfect step up from a foamie. No rubber bands - 2 wing screws smooth, quiet and strong airframe. Balanced for slope or motor gliding. Seems to find lift where there’s is none.$125 BNF. Click image for larger version

Name:	C24CF3CC-9135-44FF-B9F5-290A15EAEED8.jpeg
Views:	424
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	196926

Comment

If you ship I am dang tempted!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

If you ship I am dang tempted!
                  If the potential buyer backs out, I’m sure we could work something out.

Comment

Sent her up with the new owner this morning - great Father’s gift to himself. Had a little trouble binding and getting throttle set up correct and controls were reversed but once that was straight, I gave him a good throw into the 5 knots of wind and up she went at a good clip. Showed him how to find some lift and how to work the wind and watched him fly for a full 20 minutes. Battery was at 70% after landing. He was all smiles and am glad she has a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                      I have your next glider underway- see “...Free to Good Home” thread!

Comment

Working...
                      X