X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Tail Motor

My V-tail glider motor started making a loud screeching noise today. I have only flown it 4 times. It sounds like a bad bearing. Are the bearings replaceable?

Re: V-Tail Motor

We do not sell individual motor parts like bearings, just the full replacement motor. Check to make sure the screws that physically hold the motor to the motor mount are tight and the motor is not spinning inside the mount. I had this happen to my v-tail after the first few flights and it sounded like a screeching owl noise, kind of hard to explain the exact noise. The screws to the motor mount are accessible through little access hole on the left and right side of the fuse near the nose.

Mark

Comment

The screws were the first thing I checked. I looked at the shaft and it doesn't show there has been any slipping at all. I'm confused how the motor could spin inside the mount. Seems like it would rip the motor wires right out of the fuse if it did.

Comment

Problem has been solved. Tom agreed that it is probably bearings. A replacement motor has been shipped. Thanks Tom.

Comment

A friend visited our field while passing thru town, wanted me to check out his (1st) V-Tail setup & after pre-flight we maidened his V-Roc. All went well for about 4-5 minutes & suddenly his motor started that 'screech' too. Later checking revealed the rollers completely gone out of the front bearing.

He found replacement bearings off-site & ordered same as the replacement motors were temporarily out of stock, but new motors came in a couple days later & MRC sent him one. We haven't defined all the differences as yet but the new motor & mount is dimensionally somewhat larger. I'd like to see the spec details about the new motor, ie what was changed, & some info as to its mounting. And is there anything we need to know to assure we're getting the new replacement when ordering?

Comment

Working...
          X