X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roc Hobby V-tail Flaps or Crow?

I just bought the V-tail 2200. Great glider and great service from MotionRC. Where as I've been flying for quite a few years,I have no experience with gliders. I'm concerned about landing this baby! From the videos I've watched it seems it wants to glide for ever. My question is should I program flaps only or a Crow setting to slow it down? I know you folks have quite a bit of knowledge on how she handles. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Bob P.S. the TX I'm using is the Turnigy 9X flashed to ER9X so I have plenty of mixing and programing available.

Re: Roc Hobby V-tail Flaps or Crow?

Crow, if you want to land it on a dime!

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. Cheers Bob

Comment

I was all prepped to set up crow on my V-Roc but in my eagerness to try it out just hooked up the 'Y' connection to the ails & went with the default 2-position flaps.
        A 'trick' you should learn is, on final with dead no-throttle (props folded) if you add just enough throttle to deploy the blades the disc presented will act like an air brake & slow forward motion substantially. Then, as it approaches my planned* touchdown point at 3-6' off the ground, chop throttle & hit full flaps & it'll come down smartly & softly. (FWIW, I also cut flaps the instant she first touches, more to avoid grass damage.)
        *It helps to practice a few landing setups during your flying session, getting a good feel for how it'll handle for prevailing wind conditions & direction each day. Good lessons for increasing your overall proficiency too.

I can put 'er down in a ~6' circle almost every time; enough so I never did set up crow function & just stayed with the mid- & full-flap arrangement, leaving the simple 6-ch Rx I started with.

Comment

Working...
        X