X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HobbyZone Conscendo S BNF

Saw this glider fly at our fun fly yesterday and was pretty impressed with it. It was doing rolls and flying inverted pretty easy. So of course I had to get one. Anyone else have this glider and what do you think of it?
    My YouTube Channel

That actually looks pretty neat!
    Lauren

Comment

I just got one last week, and flew it this last weekend. Very nice flying glider, and mine handled up to about a 10mph wind with no problems. It is very stable, and easily loops or flies inverted. Rolls are kind of slow, and tend to drop in altitude a good bit, but that isn't really what I got a glider to do anyway. I really enjoy how relaxing flying one of these is, compared to my usual warbirds. Lots of time to think about what it is doing, and she really soars easily. About the only negative I found was that mine had a weak glue bond line from about halfway down the fuselage to the tail. On a semi bumpy landing, it separated. No real damage, but I had to take it back home since I didn't have any adhesive with me at the field. An easy fix, and while the bond line was apart, I inserted some carbon fiber reinforcement since the tail does tend to move around some. since I don't have a lot of experience with gliders, this might be a normal thing with them. However, even before the fix, she flew very nicely, and I suspect this one will find itself going with me most of the time when I just want to get some flight time without any stress.

Comment

Hey Loneflier, would you be able to post some photos of where you reinforced your Conscendo S? Thanks!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hi Alpha,

Sure, I have not posted any pictures, but will take some this evening and try to get them uploaded tomorrow. Basically, I had a CF strip that I inserted into the bond line on the bottom of the fuselage back near the tail surfaces. Just trying to eliminate some of the flex on the tail surfaces.

Also, as much as I am enjoying this glider, it has me thinking of getting another one, perhaps a bit larger. I like all of the Radian designs, as well as the FMS Fox and V-tail designs. Any suggestions? I definitely want a motor glider, and something in a 2000 to 2600mm wingspan size. Most of my experience is with warbirds and high wing civilian type planes such as a Cub or Taylorcraft.

Comment

Hopefully these pictures will upload. If you still have questions, please let me know.

Comment

The V-Tail is one of my favorites. Something larger than that... motor glider... try looking for the Sky Surfer. It is about 2400mm, if I recall correctly. Flies forever, big, slow, excellent FPV platform, easy to transport with quickly detaching wing halves, minimal reinforcement needed.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Bought this in July and have had great time with it. Very easy to fly, and relaxing if to see it soar. Can easily do several loops in a row.

Comment

Working...
                X