X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Planes Kunai 1.4M EP Sport Glider

I am looking at getting one of these and was wondering if anyone has one and what do you think about it? From the video it looks like a lot of fun.
    My YouTube Channel

I am not real sure about that model. I can tell you most great planes models are pretty good and high quality

Comment

I have several Great Planes ARF models, including my Bird of Time glider. I am very happy with them. Doc

Comment

Flew the Kunai for the first time yesterday and must say it is fun. Never flown a glider that can do aerobatics. Very cool, would recommend. Going to try to get some video today.
        My YouTube Channel

Comment

Somewhat boring video of me flying the Kunai. It is a fast plane but where I was flying I kept it pretty slow.
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          My YouTube Channel

Comment

I have one and I like it. It is sort of a mini hot liner, somewhat fast. I will buy another if I cant fix the one I broke. Its fun for zooming around and also on slope sites. You need a bit of space. Not for a beginner but good for intermediates. Behaves reasonably well.

Comment

I like it but it is very fragile. Wish it was stronger.
              My YouTube Channel

Comment

bought mine at toledo in a stack of new in box arf's got a rxr version for 100 bucks.. scored one for sure. came home and it went together very well and yes a touch of lead n the tail needed just as told to me by fellow flyer with one here. using 1100ma 3s pack but a 1300ma 3s will fit if you like. flew first time out a few packs using the timer active with power on over 25% only. at 4 min run time i had only 15% left in the pack and a total of 7 min flight.

next trip out other owner was there to give me tips like spoilerons up 4mm on landings to kill lift and 2mm down for increased lift down wind in glide mode. he explained it was a warm liner not a fast liner and the power is used to go up to altitude then off for glider mode flying. doing this i did my stunts power off diving for speed and worked it till i ran low to the ground then power up to high alt again and glide around. i flew over 10 min of fun flying and had 65% left in the pack. i now use a dual timer on my dx9 one starts at throttle over 20% and the other starts at throttle under 25%. together i get full flight time in two divisions. i nowlike it very much and trust i have way more flying time on a battery charge than i thought i would.

also he informed me that using power to just fly around gets things pretty hot inside the fuse including esc and the battery pack. it is designed to climb at full in bursts thus giving it the best cooling and less time to get hot.

Comment

IF YOU OPEN UP THE CHEEK COWLS W/A RAT TAIL FILE YOU CAN GET MORE COOLING FOR THE MOT/ESC.

Comment

Working...
                  X