Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they really need someone to do all their translations. Hey, I could hire myself out for their online consultant.

Comment

A few days ago, I tried my XL with the Bigaole stabilizer/limiter/Return to Home on board. With the stock RX out of the box and the Bigaole gains set to moderate, the 2 stabilizers conflicted with each other and the gliders oscillated quite badly until I shut the Bigaole stabilizer off. Then it flew like it did with only the 636A working. The Return to Home worked flawlessly and brought the XL back and circled overhead above the bench.
      I have since turned all the gains on the 636A and "priorities" to ZERO. Hopefully when the rains stop, I'll get a chance to try it out.

Comment

Tested the XL today with the gains on the stock RX set to zero and after fine tuning the Bigaole, this plane flies GREAT! I thought it flew pretty good in stock form, but now with the new stabilizer/limiter set and eliminating the stock RX stab, this is the way the plane should fly. The stock programming was still a bit wobbly, but now it's rock solid. Powered climbs are a breeze. It'll hold just the perfect attitude on a full power climb without any stick input and turns are so graceful. I can still turn off the stabilizer and do loops and rolls and fly inverted if so desired. Can't wait to get my 3-blader.

Comment

I've finished all the mods on the XL. The last thing was to add the 3-blade folding prop and to fine tune the gain on the Bigaole module. The only annoyance is the stock telemetry interfering with the Lemon telemetry from time to time but I think I can eliminate the low RX voltage warning buzz by INH the warning and dialing down the low voltage cut-off. When going from the stock 2 blade to the new 3-blade, amp draw (via telemetry) went from 27A to 37A at full throttle. Although the pull was significantly better with the stock prop on the upgraded power, the 3-blade provides even better. Since the motor is rated at 58A and the ESC is rated for 60A, if I wanted, I could "prop UP" even more but I think the XL is pretty darn good in its present configuration.
          This is a narrated video of my XL showing the components and a short flight. NOTE: I meant to say, "12x5" folding prop, NOT "12x6". Best viewed in HD and FULL SCREEN.

Comment

All the videos are private, I can't see them. :(

Comment

I unlisted them because some dickwad posted that I should learn how to fly and not have to mod a perfectly fine plane.

Comment

I've altered the settings on those vids. Try then again and see if they work now.

Comment

Hey there xviper2. I would like to see those videos myself. I bought a 2.6 and would like to get some of the neat gear you have installed. I read your previous post regarding the guy giving you crap about your mods, I don't get it. if you don't like the video don't watch it. Never let an idiot like that get to yah. I'm new to hobby squawk, and I love the information that you more experienced guys put out. keep up the great posts.

Comment

Doneod1, I made a total of 4 videos of my XL, which, after a mid-air collision with another XL, I no longer have. I am considering getting another one this spring, but I'm suffering from space limitations as my hanger has grown to overflow. The other 3 XLs in our little flying group have all been modified and are still flying. Three of those videos are in this thread, which I believe should work if you click on them. Start the video and then click on the YouTube symbol on each video to see them on YouTube and view them in full screen. If they don't work, let me know and I'll see what I can do to get them to work. The 4th video was actually the first one showing the maiden. Here it is. If you want more information that I may not have covered here, please ask.

Comment

Hey there xviper2, still no joy on the videos. I definitely want to try that stabilizer that you mentioned in previous post. When I get the $$ together I will purchase me one. Also, could I get a breakdown of what your final power mod was. All the steps you had and where/what you had to purchase. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by doneod1 View Post
                        Hey there xviper2, still no joy on the videos. I definitely want to try that stabilizer that you mentioned in previous post. When I get the $$ together I will purchase me one. Also, could I get a breakdown of what your final power mod was. All the steps you had and where/what you had to purchase. Thanks.
                        I went into my YouTube channel and made all those videos "public". You should be able to see them now (I hope).
                        My mods:
                        Instead of the supplied screws, the winglets are held on by clear hockey tape along the top seam (as per Mystique RES). Horizontal stabilizer - the CF rods were held on one side by the suppied screws but the other side is slid on after the protruding rods were covered with a glue stick (as per RES). Even with some violent maneuvers, nothing came loose. Plane launches with at least 1/2 throttle, better with more. Floats and glides a bit better than the original Parkzone Radian. Flies inverted quite well. Does loops with ease. Spoilers worked very well, with absolutely no drama when deployed.
                        Flies the same with 2200mah, 3s forward or 3300mah, 3s all the way back. Plane needs more power, especially when flying against a stiff breeze. Will be going 4s on this one with bigger ESC and different motor.
                        HobbyKing Gliderdrive motor, 1120kv on 4cell, 60A ESC (YEP), stock prop. Flown with stock XL.
                        Final prop: 12X5, 3-blade folding prop.

In retrospect, this power system was way too much for the plane. It pulled like a freight train and it really didn't need to.

Comment

Working...
                        X