You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radian XL AR636A receiver stock settings.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radian XL AR636A receiver stock settings.

The current generations of Spektrum stabilized receivers seem to be very complex devices. Some require connection to a PC or Smartphone. These require the purchase of a connection cable, either a USB type for a PC or an Audio type for a Smartphone. Unless you get one of these cables and the appropriate APP, you have to contend with whatever was set from the factory in terms of "gain" for each control surface (or axis). In fact, without this cable, you won't even know what settings are in place. One other planes, there may be settings for rate, expo, wing type, mixes, reverse, travel, sub-trim, etc. All parameters can be set on the RX itself while the TX is left on "default" setting for ACRO.
    Since 4 of us bought the Radian XL at once and all of us will be installing some sort of Return to Home module, it may become necessary to turn off (or turn down) the gain for the stock stabilizer or ditch the stock RX altogether. I that's done, we'll still need to have the ability to change and re-program these RXs for other planes.
    I took a screen shot of the settings on our XL receivers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2571.PNG
Views:	886
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	45171 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2572.PNG
Views:	823
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	45172

The first photo is of Flight Mode 1 but all 3 flight modes are identical for the XL. The second one is merely an expanded display of the dual rate. All 3 flight modes are the same. If it becomes necessary, it will be a simple matter of dialing all the RATE GAIN to 0% and PRIORITY to 0%. This will effectively make this RX like any other except for the somewhat limited telemetry signal, which, as I understand it, Spektrum is in the process making it a function that can be switched off in future applications.

Now, just for comparison, I've also included screenshots of the stock RX settings out of my Rare Bear so you can see how they program these things individually for each type of airplane product. IE, any product with AS3X will have it's own factory settings out of the box and each one may be different.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2573.PNG
Views:	802
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	45173 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2574.PNG
Views:	791
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	45174 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2575.PNG
Views:	780
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	45175

Notable mention ..............................
    It seems that on these AS3X driven planes, the throttle must be "blipped" first before the stabilizer engages and functions (in case you wish to check that the response directions are correct). Most people just power up and chuck the thing and by the time it's in the air, everything is working.

Agreed XViper, I'd also point out that you can get the default config files for these planes off of the Spektrum website (http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...6#prod_manuals) can make setting it back to default settings pretty easy (just flash the stock settings)

As for the gain settings, forget where it is in the software but you can actually set your gains to dynamic instead of static, then assign the gain control to a channel.... whenever maiden a plane that I've added AS3X to I tend to do this for the first couple flights. Once I've found some values that work, then I'll set them back to static (or just leave them dynamic so you can adjust for conditions)

Also note, any model that has SAFE you will not be able to program. They may be the same receiver (generally it's the AR636 that they use) but they use a completely different firmware to provide the SAFE functions.... so you can't even pull up the config on them. (least I couldn't last time I used their @$@%2$ POS Android app, Windows laptop software works way better)

Comment

Now that's a cool idea .................. using the AUX3 knob to alter gain as you fly. I may try that on the one I took out of the Rare Bear and see if it works. I know this works on the Lemon stabilized RXs but don't know if the 636A will accept such commands.

Comment

hello, me, I am looking for the original values ​​because I deleted everything without wanting it and the file cannot be found in the spektrum site I hope to have some help

Comment

Working...
        X