X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport glider night flying...

I guess these smaller powered gliders can be classified as "sport" since they include AIL/FLAPS. I wanted to engage in some night flying with other club members after our meetings each month during the summer. I watched the vids & checked the reviews & forum posts regarding this model & it seemed to be quite favorable. This is the HK Night Walrus. It is 1.4m w/AIL & FLAPS, 3s powered & really lights up. I'm going to maiden tomorrow & get some estimates of flight duration w/wo lights using 2200mah 3s batteries. These are quite inexpensive for a PNP & nicely made. There is a lot of wiring that has to be carefully zip tied to clear the servos under the canopy. Here's a few pics.

Denny

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Night%20Walrus [ATTACH=CONFIG]n45619[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n45620[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n45621[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n45622[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n45623[/ATTACH]
    *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
    *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

This is "Night Flying" by James Butler on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

I picked up one of those. It is my first glider type plane as I generally fly war birds or scale GA stuff. It does seem of good quality, but I wish the designers had put a little more thought into access for the RX and wiring. I ended up cutting a hatch in the side of the fuselage so I could place the RX and tuck the wiring back and away from the servos and battery.

That said, it flies nice. Using an Admiral 2600, flying with lights on, I can power it up nice and high and take a few minutes to glide back down then repeat the process for 20 minutes and still have 45% of the battery left.

Flying after sunset and even into the night it is a lot of fun and has actually drawn evening visitors to our field. They see it from a distance and want to check out the "UFO." There is an apartment complex about 1000 yards from our field and flying after sunset I have heard children that are outside playing shouting "Look at the plane."

I did remove most of the decals from mine. Just couldn't bring myself to fly a plane called a Walrus.

Jim

Comment

Working...
    X