X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radian XL Maiden (Finally)

Finally got around to putting in a couple flights on the Radian XL and as this is my first Glider (only took 30 years) I must say I found it very relaxing and was able to hand the transmitter to my niece who has never flown an RC Plane and she was capable of keeping it under control. This thing glides forever and is very easy for me to see in the sky. I now have to get a Video Camera https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mini-hd-camera as I just have to see the view from up there. I still like my High Speed planes that often terrorize me but I found this to be very relaxing and I have plans on researching the best lounge chair for maximum viewing pleasure. I also found the that once I performed the Service Bulletin Repair (Thanks HH) it really did tighten things up. Once I get some videos I will post a couple of short ones as I know watching someone glide around for an hour would be a bit taxing to most. Let me know if anyone has any questions or concerns and I will do my best to get you the information you need. :shy:

Yes, gliders are a lot of fun. Sometimes it can be a challenge to keep one a loft! We used to fly at a place called Rattle Snake Mountain, yes there were snakes on that hill. It was a great canyon for flying RC gliders with the layout of the mountains. The thing I enjoyed the most was trying to fly in Irons"; similar to when a boat is caught without any wind. The plane would be in a state of animation, no forward or rearward motion. Then, you could just peel off, like Top Gun. Bugger out, as they say; I might have that wrong. Hmmm. Anyway, I agree with you, it's very relaxing to fly for long periods of time and, not have to worry about battery or gas. Just good old mother natures wind. Thanks for the information Wayne. Take Care, Merry Christmas! Matt

Comment

Can't wait till spring to try the camera on it

Comment

Working...
      X