X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS MOA 1500 mm

Anyone know how to unfasten motor? Can't find any access to screws.

Hello SK23 and welcome to the Squawk,
    The Moa most likely has the same arrangement that my larger FMS Fox has and that is a hole in the underside of the fuselage for an Allen wrench to access the set screw used to hold the motor into the mounting collar. Here's the collar and motor for a visual of it's configuration.

Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Correct, a 1.5mm allen key should do it. Don't unscrew the grub screw completely, just loosen it enough to allow the motor to slide forward.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks OV10 ang ALPHA
        Could not get it with 1.5 tried all my hex std and metric. There are 2 access holes either side of nose. Seems like a rounded hole in fastener head doesn't make sense. Ready to cut the foam nose off easy nuff to glue back- just can't see. I found a tel # for FMS and emailed them Haven't given up yet.
        Merry Xmas

Comment

Try a Philips screw driver, I've seen them installed without the Allan screw heads before. Make sure to use a good Philips screw driver to fit snug in the screws.

That will get your motor loose. Matt C/S

Comment

Hey Matt
            crazy thing- not #1 or jewlers work just spin I swear it is a press fit which makes no sense. Oh well thanks for all the help!

Comment

Working...
            X