X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS L-13 1.5M sale plane?

Hi everybody, just looking for some recent activities with this plane. I just sold a 2.3 meter version from HK because the dang thing was a tip stall maniac! Curious as to how this smaller version flies? I've read that it is not a good thermal plane, but what about just general glider performance or using it on the slope?

It flys ok. Liked it so much that I even installed flaps to improve it somewhat. It's kind of heavy in my opinion, so I go pretty high with it to find stronger thermals and it will thermal once you catch a good one. Watch the servos though as a bad one cause me to crash. I have a new one now and am taking the old fuselage and making a shorty version of the Let-13 with a tail like the L-20, it's sister plane.

Comment

I can only speak for the one I had. Extremely tail heavy, causing tip stalling. You have to add a lot of nose weight. It has all the glide ratio of a brick, but might fly ok as a slope glider. It does handle wind well. Don't expect a floater like a Radian. Doc

Comment

Working...
      X